1929 Chrysler 75 Sedan

Hi all and thanks in advance 

So I have been lucky enough to pick up another Chrysler 75 this time a Sedan as the photos show it’s a bit worst for wear as it has been in an accident many years ago. 
A question I have is who built the bodies on these ? Are there any Distinguishing features between manufacturers? 
I’m located in Australia and I know that there was definitely different body builders here for the model 65 but I have heard conflicting reports on the model 75’s as to if any were locally built but I have not seen the hard evidence only hear say. There is a tag on the body but it is only letters and numbers. Another feature is that it has what I would call a camping body as it allows the front seat to fold flat to form a bed, also it has blinds on all the windows except the windscreen.
Anyway here’s some pictures and if anyone can shed some light on the subject it would be appreciated. 

Cheers Ben

E4CF22DA-B6A5-4325-B4EC-733A336B6BFA.jpeg

3EF8E4EF-600A-4F55-BE15-8083FF2CE96D.jpeg

6F91CB0E-6809-484F-BC67-62C889F008EC.jpeg

98E26A69-1103-4FC6-AA2C-F61A843EE600.jpeg

9 minutes ago, lozrocks said:

Nice project.

It's my understanding that all export 75 sedans were built in house in Detroit.

Holden and Richards only built bodies on the lower priced cars. The 75 and Imperial 80 were all imports.

Thanks for the info yeah I was thinking that maybe the case. What threw me is that the front seat folds flat like what’s on some Aussie bodies but maybe it was changed here as most of the pics of the American bodies show different. 

1 hour ago, Vintageben said:

Thanks for the info yeah I was thinking that maybe the case. What threw me is that the front seat folds flat like what’s on some Aussie bodies but maybe it was changed here as most of the pics of the American bodies show different. 

I'm not sure of the origin of the fold down seat. Alan Waters in Taree also has a fold down seat in his 75, but mine is fixed.

• Like 1

Yeah it’s all interesting stuff and I’m just started in the last couple of years learning about these Chrysler’s. I probably need to get out a travel a bit and have a look at some other 75’s in the flesh. So far I haven’t seen evidence of locally built bodies on 75’s but willing to be educated either way on this. Thanks again for the reply Lozrocks. 
Cheers Ben