For Sale: 1965 Studebaker Daytona V8 2-Door Sport Sedan, O/D, 19,000 ACTUAL MILES - $24,995 - Horseheads, NY - Not Mine

For Sale: 1965 Studebaker Daytona V8 2-Door Sport Sedan, O/D, 19,000 ACTUAL MILES - $24,995 - Horseheads, NY

1965 Studebaker Daytona V8 2-Door Sport Sedan 19,000 ACTUAL MILES -... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

An absolute Time Capsule of a very RARE 1965 Studebaker Daytona 2-dr Sport Sedan! One of just 1,627 produced - This Daytona features its Numbers Matching 283 Thunderbolt Mckinnon GM V8 and a 3-Speed Manual with Over-Drive Gearbox. This Daytona was sold new by the Famous Bob Fleigh of Fleigh Motor Corp in Hagerstown Maryland on April 16, 1965, to Carl Stonebraker, president and founder of the Southern Ribbon Co Silk Manufacturing Plant. Carl passed away just 18 months after purchasing and the vehicle entered prolonged storage with very little use. Detailed service records from the first 18 months of life included. Original Build Sheet, Purchase Order, Owners Brochure and Service Records included. This car is documented to have an ACTUAL 19,000 Original Miles! It features its correct Astra White Body Color with White Vinyl Top. All Daytona's produced featured a White or Black Vinyl Top and more commonly a White or Black interior. Believed to be less than 10 built in this combination of White / White / Red. NO RUST and original body panels, preserved exceptionally. Recently the Studebaker received a mechanical refresh including new Fuel Tank, Radiator Recore, New Tires, New Power Steering Hoses, New Coil Springs, New Shocks, Plugs/Points, New Air Cleaner, New Battery, New Valve Cover Gasket Set, New Oil Pump and Pan Gaskets, New Choke Pull Off and a Front End Alignment. Correct satin black block, Canadian stamped heads, and early production satin black valve covers. A lot of heritage and a VERY RARE Daytona in impressive mechanical and physical condition - a must see to believe! Asking $24,995

VIEW OUR ENTIRE INVENTORY ONLINE AT WWW.VERNMORGANS.COM
This vehicle is owned and For Sale by:
Vern Morgan's Auto Sales
10 Ithaca Street
Horseheads NY 14845
607-739-8479
Established 1978, we ONLY sell THE BEST! Over 45 years and three generations of specialty and late-model pre-owned vehicle sales.

BUSINESS HOURS:
Monday – Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm
Other by Appointment

Trades Accepted - All Reasonable Offers Considered
Bank Financing Available for Qualified Buyers on 2013+ Vehicles - Warranty Plans Available
Any Balance of Factory Warranty Remains in Effect
Sales Tax / DMV / Tire Tax Fee's Charged Extra to Vehicle Purchase

Copy and paste in your email: 6a9664a42417308cacab56a7834a5848@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1965 Studebaker Daytona V8 2-Door Sport Sedan.

Note: Posted for the hard-core Studebaker enthusiast who has to own the best of the late production models.

'65 Studebaker Daytona V8 NY a.jpg

'65 Studebaker Daytona V8 NY b.jpg

'65 Studebaker Daytona V8 NY c.jpg

'65 Studebaker Daytona V8 NY d.jpg

'65 Studebaker Daytona V8 NY e.jpg

'65 Studebaker Daytona V8 NY f.jpg

'65 Studebaker Daytona V8 NY g.jpg

'65 Studebaker Daytona V8 NY h.jpg

'65 Studebaker Daytona V8 NY i.jpg

'65 Studebaker Daytona V8 NY j.jpg

'65 Studebaker Daytona V8 NY k.jpg

'65 Studebaker Daytona V8 NY l.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JACK M said:

Would that be original to the car?

Not in my opinion,

(but I'm not a Studebaker technical advisor)

Beautiful car. Very stylish. I would buy this over most other cars made in 1965 any day of the week. 

There was one at a local show a few years ago. Cant remember the int. colour but was white ext. The car I saw was also a low mile original condition. I talked to the owner for awhile, had no idea these cars existed before that. I seem to recall his may have been super charged though? Maybe not!

3 minutes ago, TAKerry said:

Beautiful car. Very stylish. I would buy this over most other cars made in 1965 any day of the week. 

There was one at a local show a few years ago. Cant remember the int. colour but was white ext. The car I saw was also a low mile original condition. I talked to the owner for awhile, had no idea these cars existed before that. I seem to recall his may have been super charged though? Maybe not!

1 minute ago, Bloo said:

That would be possible (though extremely rare) on a 64. The 64 models look almost identical to this.

As I recall, the Daytona had options very similar to the Avanti

1.     V-8 

2.     V-8 with supercharger but no A/C

3.     V-8 with A/c but no supercharger

These options in an Avanti may have been called R-1, R-2, and R-3,

but I'm not sure which was which as far as the blower and the A/C.

My friend Stevce had a blown Avanti and it was a blast to drive !

• Like 1

The last two years 1965-66 when production was moved to the Hamilton, Ontario, Canada plant, as noted in The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, Edited by John Gunnell states "Twin-Traction, disk brakes and transistor ignition were standard on Daytona Sport Sedan"   Prior Daytona engine options shared with the Avanti ended with the 1964 model year when the South Bend, Indiana factory and engine production shut down.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I sold my 1966 Commander to a retired Studebaker employee who is  in his early 80's now. He specifically wanted a late production car with the GM 194 C.I. 6 cylinder "Skybolt" and asked several times if it was originally equipped with said engine. I reassured him it was and sent pic's of the VIN and engine #'s to verify.

Turns out in 1966  he worked on the 6 cylinder line until the last day of production, so he was on the assembly line when my car was built! He had spent many years looking for one of those very cars. Sent a restoration shop guy with an enclosed trailer on a 5 hour drive to pick it up and restore it.

66stude 016.jpg

66stude 002.jpg

• Like 1