Sign in to follow this  
29 Chandler

Wards Riverside spark plugs

Does anyone have any information on these spark plugs? I have a set on my Chandler, there are no numbers that on them that I can find. Though I'm sure they are not original, I think Autolights were, they have been on the engine for most of its life. Any information would be great. [color:"blue"]

Chris...hope all is well.

I am confident that Terry Bond, or, Ron Barnett will chime in here. They have quite a bit of expertise on the spark plug questions.

Regards, Peter J.

I'm looking up 2 identical sets of 8, angle seat, "Wards Riverside" spark plugs I've stored for 20+ years. They are still new and in orignal blister packages, though there's water damage to the packs, but not plugs. The construction looks very much like Champion manufacture of the mid-70's era (which I remember pretty well). Obviously, a set for V-8 engine, with extended tip and a kinda nickel steel, rust resistant surface. Package data: "Wards Riverside 61-14699-8 Hi-Performance Spark Plugs". Spark plug insulator data: "Wards Supreme XPP 14699". Above the angle seat is stamped "Made in U.S.A." The blister pack is a Viewseal CCA 73. I'd like to know what they fit or cross ref to as they are perfectly usable and not exactly collectable in the damaged packs. The net has not turned up anything yet. THANK YOU!! -Joe

Without a MW parts guide, it'll be hard to tell what they're for. Not sure who made them for Wards either but Champion is a pretty good bet. The angle seat would tell me Ford or Mopar application as GM didn't use those much.

Shame Monkey Wards went out of business. I really did like their stores and their merchandise. It was good quality made stuff.