1977 lotus espirit - $7,000 (Richland WA) not mine

1977 lotus espirit - $7,000 (Richland)

https://kpr.craigslist.org/cto/d/richland-1977-lotus-espirit/7490694689.html

Original owner, 20,000 miles. Parked with cover for 25 years. Pulled plugs and lubed cylinder walls. 6 months later (went south for winter) manually tried to turn over motor. Turned easy which was a good thing. Hooked up battery turned over fine but no spark. Points open and close in distributor. Electric fuel pump runs but of course no fuel in tanks. Lights come on. Fuel lines and vacuum lines need to be replaced (cracked or broken) check distributor and coil. And of course a paint job in the future.

email - 42aecd2d95e93bb7a16403bfe804aa99@sale.craigslist.org

00Z0Z_cZoJ5dWKa9uz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg00505_eoXDTFs3V7oz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg00H0H_5xHIJhKKLt2z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg00d0d_1RX9BNsZRt5z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

J.D. Power - NADA   06/01/22

low $15k, average $38k, high $56k. Needs a flipper with a little mechanical savy.

Edited by Crusty Trucker (see edit history)
  • Like 1

If thats legit I bet it wont last long. I am not gaga about ferraris and such but I love these things. Any car that James Bond can drive into the ocean has got to be cool! I would think one would have to be very knowledgeable about Lotus engineering to tackle something like this though. I can see it being an extra deep hole for the bank account. And I think this is the first car I have seen with a carpet lined engine compartment😕

• Like 1

Nothing very high tech on these earlier ones. Engine looks complex but really quite straightforward. Same as a Jensen Healey. Transaxle is somewhat weak, but these smog version engines don't put out too much power and gearbox life is not that bad. The later cars have a lot more power and can be gearbox killers. They are a bit tight to work on. You eventually get the knack. There is one in my storage shed right now. Not mine, it belongs to a friend. That's a great price, it will sell instantly !

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)
  • Like 1