Road Trip to the Northeast Classic Car Museum in Norwich, NY

Sounds like maybe we should query the group for an alternate date.  Like Jim, I'm ready to go on Sunday, but seems like part of the fun was to get several of us together.  If it's just the two of us on Sunday I'm OK with going, but if Jim has alternate date(s) to throw out for consideration maybe that will help.

@Machine Gun, @KAD36, @dibarlaw, @JohnD1956, @BUICK RACER, @auburnseeker and anyone else interested please suggest alternate date(s) for us to consider.  No shame in opting-out either; but if you know anyone else who might be interested in a field-trip please have them chime-in here!

-Tim

8 hours ago, EmTee said:

Sounds like maybe we should query the group for an alternate date. 

Agreed. I suggest we postpone tomorrow to give potentially interested parties a chance to catch up with this thread. Except for Independence Day weekend and Sunday the 17th I'm free any weekend day in July.

• Like 1

That's fine.  I'd really rather wait and see whether we can round-up a couple of others to join us.  There are a couple of weekends that are busy for me, but I'm mostly available and will look into resolving any conflicts once I see new proposed dates...

• Like 2

For lack of any further expressions of interest or suggestions for dates, I plan to go to the museum a week from today, on Saturday the 9th. It would be great if anyone else would join me, but if not I'm going regardless unless someone suggests another date that would better suit them.

A great Independence Day weekend to all!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'd love to see the Century, I hope it works out that you will be able to take it. I plan to drive the Skylark. Hopefully the new carburetor gaskets will get here in time but if not, I'll reuse the old ones temporarily. They appear to be in workable shape, at least for the short term.

Edited by Machine Gun (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I’ll try to make it depending on what ever dates are picked . Not sure if I’ll bring a car up not so confident with them as of yet depends on the weather . 

• Like 1

We're doing next Saturday, the 9th. Hope you can join us then. NOAA Weather is predicting a nice sunny day (to the extent that they can predict that far ahead).

• Like 1

@EmTee I guess it's time to get down to the particulars. Want to do the museum first and then have lunch, or the other way around? I'm fine either way and have no preference. Norwich Diner or Nina's? No matter on that either. I'll eat most anything but asparagus or land-dwelling creatures that have more than four legs.

Let's do lunch, then the museum if you're OK with that.  We can meet at the Norwich Diner sometime between 11:00 and noon.  My trip will take me about 1.5 hours, so I'm flexible on my start time.  We could make it earlier or later to suit your preferred drive time.  The museum is open from 0900 - 1700.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EmTee said:

Let's do lunch, then the museum if you're OK with that.  We can meet at the Norwich Diner sometime between 11:00 and noon.  My trip will take me about 1.5 hours, so I'm flexible on my start time.  We could make it earlier or later to suit your preferred drive time.  The museum is open from 0900 - 1700.

Sounds fine, I'll plan to be there around 11:30 or so. I'm about 2.75 hours away. I'll PM my cell phone number in case there are any last-minute changes.

• Like 1

Fellows:

Enjoy the day and take photos. We have a commitment to visit with my daughter in Indiana PA.

I would have had to drive modern anyway since it is about a 271 mile, 4 and one half hours drive for me.

• Thanks 1

Called the museum yesterday and confirmed that they're open Saturday (9:00 - 5:00).  I asked whether they could reserve 3 spaces in front for our Buicks, but was told post-renovation there is no longer any parking in front of the building.  Everyone now has to park in the lot directly across the street.  I guess we'll just have to line-up at the curb before we leave for a group photo...

• Like 3

The deed is done! Met EmTee for lunch at the Norwich Diner and then headed to the museum. I highly recommend the place...there's lots of something for everyone there.

Had a great time talking cars with EmTee, drooling over his '38 Century, and giving my Skylark a 280 mile round trip in perfect weather. We missed all of you who wanted to be there but weren't able to make it. Another time, hopefully.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here's the proof:

image.png.4560e7f689404d8b4ab8aa380f4657d8.png

As @Machine Gun said, we had a great time and the weather was absolutely perfect (~75* sunny and not humid).  We had a nice lunch after giving each other's car a once-over in the parking lot.  The '38 ran well with no issues. Engine temp stayed at 180* +/- 5*.  The addition at the museum is complete and the place is now even bigger than before - the size is still deceiving from the street.  Saw some new cars along with the ones on permanent display.  I won't need my arm twisted to go back again...  ;)

• Like 5

I am glad you fellows had a good day. Here are some photos from our day at the "Jimmy Stewart" Air port at Indiana PA. for the Air Show.

DSC00545.JPG.6083382d2ffbdf1c5d359f465be0b63f.JPG

My grandson Crosby, daughter Bethany and wife Joan.

DSC00546.JPG.fc8ad5455f431b17a0eec529522aba5c.JPG One of 5 stunt planes preparing to take off.

And yes!  There was a Buick at the Cruse-in! 

DSC00543.JPG.478821607e2cf5726ed62f55b71dea72.JPG

A local owner from Homer City, PA. I had inquired as to it's availability for sale after our 1937 was wrecked. Good to see it in person again since we had not seen it since we met up at my daughters home in 2017 after our trip back home from the BCA nationals in Brookfield Wis.

DSCF6202.JPG.5d3f8ffb830c884481d6ba03fecf0d10.JPG                                     The burgandy 1937 on the left. My black 1937 on the right.

• Like 4