For Sale: 1966 Chevy Caprice 4dr Hardtop, 10,633 miles - $13,000 - East of Brighton, CO - Not Mine - Still Available, Major Price Reduction to $7,000: 8-8-2022:

For Sale: 1966 Chevy Caprice 4dr Hardtop, 10,633 miles - $13,000 - East of Brighton, CO - Still Available, Major Price Reduction to $7,000: 8-8-2022: See New Link Below:

1966 Chevy Caprice - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

Selling on behalf of an estate, for a court appointed fiduciary service.
This is a great condition, Chevy 4dr hardtop sedan with very low mileage, and a one owner! I don't have a Carfax for this vehicle, does not have a 17-digit vin number. Also does not have a title, sold on bill of sale, along with estate/court documents and death certificate.
It appears this vehicle has been stored in doors for most of its life due to the condition of the vinyl top and interior.  The body, bumpers and grill are very straight, the paint however is showing some of its age with numerous chips all around. The vinyl top is in much better condition. The interior is in impeccable condition, I only see one tiny tear (closeup see pic) in the seats.  Engine is a 396cid V-8 (big block) and Holly 4-barrel carburetor and was rated at 325 horsepower, with a Turbo-Jet automatic transmission. Also has factory air conditioning.
Please call/text (preferred) or email Jared with any other questions, thanks for your time. odometer: 10633

Copy and paste in your email: 73d494d197293f0f9ee42d033b9457ec@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1966 Chevy Caprice 4dr Hardtop.

'66 Chevy Caprice CO a.jpg

'66 Chevy Caprice CO b.jpg

'66 Chevy Caprice CO c.jpg

'66 Chevy Caprice CO d.jpg

'66 Chevy Caprice CO e.jpg

'66 Chevy Caprice CO f.jpg

'66 Chevy Caprice CO g.jpg

'66 Chevy Caprice CO h.jpg

'66 Chevy Caprice CO i.jpg

'66 Chevy Caprice CO j.jpg

'66 Chevy Caprice CO k.jpg

'66 Chevy Caprice CO l.jpg

'66 Chevy Caprice CO m.jpg

'66 Chevy Caprice CO n.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Major Price Reduction to $7,000: 8-8-2022: Crossed out the dead CL link, (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Top of the line Chevrolet, big block, air conditioning, very nice vinyl/nylon seats, beautiful hardtop styling.  What's not to like here?

Looks like it's had a good life.  This would be an excellent cruiser. Hope it goes to someone who appreciates it.

A co-worker of mine bought a similar Caprice brand new in '66. His had whitewalls, AC, electric windows and seats, am/tape, and about every other accessory GM could load into a Chevrolet. 

The poor guy brought it to work to show it off, but was criticized being told he could have purchased a Cadillac for about the same money. I don't recall his defense, but he was not on the best of terms with the critical parties from then on. 

Sai Baba is credited with saying "Before you speak ask yourself: is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, does it improve on the silence?

Guess we'll never learn...

I bought a used 1966 Caprice coupe in 1972.  It was 283, auto and bench seats.  A friend of mine also had 1966 coupe, his was 327, auto on the floor and bucket seats in the same color combo as this car. Nice cars!

17 hours ago, Twisted Shifter said:

A co-worker of mine bought a similar Caprice brand new in '66. His had whitewalls, AC, electric windows and seats, am/tape, and about every other accessory GM could load into a Chevrolet. 

The poor guy brought it to work to show it off, but was criticized being told he could have purchased a Cadillac for about the same money. I don't recall his defense, but he was not on the best of terms with the critical parties from then on. 

Sai Baba is credited with saying "Before you speak ask yourself: is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, does it improve on the silence?

Guess we'll never learn...

At a $2,100 price differential between the factory price for the 1966 Chevrolet Caprice and the Cadillac Calais, it would have taken ordering most all the options to equal the price of the latter.  But in an era of stratified social status and automotive choice, buying a Cadillac might have been considered as showing off to one's peers.   It was safer to buy a loaded luxury Chevrolet than a base-level Cadillac Calais. 

5 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

At a $2,100 price differential between the factory price for the 1966 Chevrolet Caprice and the Cadillac Calais, it would have taken ordering most all the options to equal the price of the latter.

And in 1966 The (base) Calais would have had crank windows, manual seat and no A/C. . . . . . You get the Cad name and the 390 engine but it still a cheap car. 

The Calais was the loss leader. Add the necessary power accessories and A/C, and it can exceed the cost of a Deville (with standard power equipment) by a few dollars. 

The biggest bargain was on the used car lot. Buy a 2 year old well cared for, fully loaded Deville, for the cost of a new Chevelle. 

But then, its not a "BRAND NEW Cadillac . . . . . "

• Like 2

1 hour ago, m-mman said:

And in 1966 The (base) Calais would have had crank windows, manual seat and no A/C. . . . . . You get the Cad name and the 390 engine but it still a cheap car. 

The Calais was the loss leader. Add the necessary power accessories and A/C, and it can exceed the cost of a Deville (with standard power equipment) by a few dollars. 

The biggest bargain was on the used car lot. Buy a 2 year old well cared for, fully loaded Deville, for the cost of a new Chevelle. 

But then, its not a "BRAND NEW Cadillac . . . . . "

The Series 62 that became the Calais for 1965 held an appeal for a certain demographic.  Although anecdotal, while working at a Colorado campground in the early 1970s while in college, when a '60's Cadillac Calais towing a trailer pulled in, it always had a license from Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma or Texas.  The driver and his wife were in their late 50's or in their 60's.  Careful observation of the Calais revealed it was almost always the four-door sedan which was a pillared hardtop.  The A/C condenser dripped on the asphalt, but crank windows, manual seat, basic cloth interior, and, get this: no radio or antenna, only the radio delete plate!  Universally nice folks, very down-to-earth.  If engaged in a conversation about their car, allowed as how they liked the power a Cadillac had to handle their trailer and its good ride but never mentioned anything about luxury or prestige...   Most were still farming or retired from farming or from a small business in their town.

• Like 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1966 Chevy Caprice 4dr Hardtop, 10,633 miles - $13,000 - East of Brighton, CO - Not Mine - Still Available, Major Price Reduction to $7,000: 8-8-2022:

Still Available, Major Price Reduction to $7,000: 8-8-2022:

1966 Chevy Caprice (Price Reduced) - cars & trucks - by owner -... (craigslist.org)

Copy and paste in your email: e42b3506bc553ff7a54c14a7ae4bb548@sale.craigslist.org

****Screaming deal alert!!!****

Edited by 58L-Y8
Emphasis (see edit history)
  • Like 3

I wonder why such a huge price drop?  If it were closer to Virginia, I would consider it.  The first non-Corvair "old" car I drove was my first girlfriend's dad's '66 Caprice more door, maroon with a black interior.  Just ran to the auto parts store in town, maybe 15 miles roundtrip.  I believe it had a straight six, or small V8, but I remember the car moved along pretty well for how big it was...

Can you buy a car without a title in Colorado?
If you want to buy a car without a title, you can use a surety bond title. This kind of title proves the vehicle is yours by showing the new owner's name and the surety company's name on it. When you get your car legally transferred into your name, the surety bond title will be replaced by a title of your own.Oct 14, 2021