DeSoto wheels needed

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm still in need of a set of wheels.  The ones shown in this thread must have come off a DeSoto other than an Airflow because the center hole is way too small.  The center hole for a DeSoto Airflow wheel is about 3 1/4 inches.

Please let me know if  any of these wheels are available.

• 3 weeks later...

RM, you said "The center hole for a DeSoto Airflow wheel is about 3 1/4 inches" and "because the center hole is way too small" The photo of nice grey wheels look just about the size center hole you are asking for. How big is it? Have you asked the offeree for a measure? Just curious

I'm currently on the Glidden Tour so I am unable to measure it.  They are obviously less than 3/14" as they do not fit onto the DeSoto Airflow axle.

If someone has a DeSoto Airstream and would like a nice set of wheels, I would be happy to talk with them.

Reason I mentioned size is that thick powder coating can add significant extra thickness to surface, and in the case of wheel center hole where the orginal fit is snug bare steel to bare steel powder coating may cause a mis-fit. Good luck with your search, nice car.