1973 Riviera Side Body Trim

Nygex

Does anyone know where I can find the side trim for the 1973 Riviera?  It's the chrome piece with some inlay that goes the length of the car.  We have the original but it's not in very good shape and customer asked if we can find a new one.  I've searched all over (the internet) but no luck finding a reproduction.  Our last resort will be to try and salvage the original but I'm not sure we can get it to its original state.

If the metal is damaged it can be restored with patience, jeweler's scale body tools and files, and a buffing wheel. I think it's stainless; if aluminum you'll have to be a little more careful.

A fine rubbing or polishing compound will bring the vinyl insert back if it's not chewed up too badly.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone.  I'll definitely check out the Buick Farm.  The vinyl insert is completely disintegrated so we'd have to try and reproduce.  Maybe we could wrap a thin slice of foam in vinyl and glue back in.

5 hours ago, Nygex said:

The vinyl insert is completely disintegrated so we'd have to try and reproduce.

Try contacting John J. Mailand (ROA #3276) at cjmmail@aol.com or by phone (715-425-9871).  He advertises '71-'73 vinyl side molding inserts in The Riview.  They are purportedly the exact profile and hardness of the originals.  His ad states that many colors are available.  Let us know what happens...

Edited by EmTee
added phone # (see edit history)
  • Like 2