For Sale: 1955 Packard 400 - "Moving and the car isn't going" - "Mostly original and very nice" - Lebanon, IN - Not Mine - 5/27 Pending

For sale on Facebook: 1955 Packard 400 2-door Hardtop in Lebanon, IN  -  $11,000 (Reduced from $17,000)  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/575294937186178/1955-Packard-400

Seller's Description:

1955 Packard 400 2-door Hardtop

• Driven 28,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Blue

1955 Packard 400 · Coupe · Driven 28,000 miles. Price reduced! Relisted due to multiple no shows. Car must go, moving and the car isn't going to make the move. The car runs and drives, torsion suspension works, no major issues. The carb could use a little tune up just from sitting. Mostly original car, not perfect but very nice. Odometer works and is believed to be accurate. Price has been reduced from $17,000. Please, no tire kickers. Not interested in trades. PM for more information. Located in Lebanon, IN

image.png.26c8ba8eef53527eb5469ba4f896c613.png

image.png.941ce56ceed348abe7b9f83e056efb4b.png

image.png.724c51082e72558f94517303bc6db20e.png

image.png.0504224db825192190615c509f880816.png

image.png.c7e63bbbe361732d2c75667af4a8b0b7.png

image.png.997dc7d9503f93439bbecd142d1871ab.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)

I don't know if the color scheme is original, but I really like it. Interior needs some fixing, so that could be what's keeping it from selling...but I bet much of it is salvageable. Yes, I'd like to own it, too.

• Like 1

He was a little hesitant to answer my questions via messenger, but he made very clear this is an 11.000 USD car 'only', not a 35.000 USD car. So then the initial 17.000 USD price tag sounds a bit greedy and maybe the typical case where low resolution photos present a car overly nice.  He gave me his phone number and I am going to call him over the weekend. Essentially got no more technical details..... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hans1965 said:

He was a little hesitant to answer my questions via messenger, but he made very clear this is an 11.000 USD car 'only', not a 35.000 USD car. So then the initial 17.000 USD price tag sounds a bit greedy and maybe the typical case where low resolution photos present a car overly nice.  He gave me his phone number and I am going to call him over the weekend. Essentially got no more technical details..... 

I would be very carefull , i made the mistake to buy a car because the price went down and not because i liked it a lot .From now on i only buy a car when as they said before when  it speaks to  me .i went to the states several times and came back emptyhanded because i did not find anything that i really liked and could not miss .Today i will go and get a Mercedes 300 1954 that i like a lot and that has been speaking to me since long time .Its gonna be a beautifull day !Not only because the sun is already shining .

• Like 1

Hi Daniel, thanks for the advice! To buy a car only because it is cheap is never a good idea. Totally agree. But I like these 400s a lot. A few years back I nearly bought one in the US during vacation. Just cannot forget these cars. They have a huge presence and the dashboards are just super amazing. Currently there are even two Caribbeans for sale , one at Beverly Hills classic cars for 34 grand and one for 12 grand that needs full resto. I saw once one of those here in Germany. Was advertised by the trader Michael Fröhlich in the Düsseldorf area. Starting at 50.000 Eur, he reduced the price every 6 weeks by 10.000. finally I drove over there when it was at 20.000 Eur. He was on the phone and had just sold the car to a guy in Denmark in the moment I entered the shop. White over red and black. I will never forget this. A camera man had brought it over from the US decades back. That triggered my interest in these late Packards. 

I am cautious, don't worry. Currently there are even two 400s for sale in Germany, but I don't like the colors. 

Good luck with your Merc. Sounds like a great adventure. Enjoy it to the max. Best of luck!!!!! Hans 

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1955 Packard 400 - "Moving and the car isn't going" - "Mostly original and very nice" - Lebanon, IN - Not Mine - 5/27 Pending