Dodge Brothers Pickup?

406mac

At first I thought this was a roadster type truck and I believe that Graham/Dodge did not offer a 3/4 ton roadster truck. How that I see the 3/4 ton designation on the dash "Warranty Tag" things get interesting. 

This could have been an early "C" truck. The holes and back supports would be where the upper part of truck is attached.

Any pictures of the frame would help. 

20 hours ago, ArticiferTom said:

I am thinking little older . The back brackets may be part of back of seat cushion that folds up to access fuel tank . Also note curve door bottom as seen in 17 to 23 .

Good eye. This is better match and it’s a 1923 1-ton Graham Bros

0C61418F-940E-4FA4-B8D8-B2BF24B426E5.jpeg.ca88e74d01b98fa8aa7c4754ba32e079.jpeg

• Like 2

Good call guys, but ... (you know I have to go there :))

I have some seat brackets out of one of these commercial cars that are dated 09/1924

Guessing by the date they were used for the 1924 model year even though the article says "1923 Sales Manual". For clarification read page 23 that discusses "model year". As we all know, sales manuals were a precursor to the model year and my question is, was the sales manual dated from prior to July 1923? If so, they are discussing 1924 model year vehicles or as the model charts word it 23/24 lol. It pains me to discuss this over and over because of the confusion we all have but the model year will always be the determining factor. The frame number will tell us for sure. Maybe Mac can tell us the dates on his seat supports to see if his has an earlier date? That would help answer the question too.

Oh and btw, yes, that is a lefthanded tape measure ;) (Comes in handy taking photos).

It is fun to study this stuff though without anything but prior knowledge and articles. One big guessing game for us.

My guess is still around 1926 just based on the dates on the brackets and the info in the model charts.

Image 2 - 1920s antique vintage Dodge Brothers seat brackets 1924 1925 1926 1927 truck bus

Image 41 - 1920s antique vintage Dodge Brothers seat brackets 1924 1925 1926 1927 truck bus

image.png.6a184f2797ca3e387a33ec56ac1801e1.png

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

On 5/21/2022 at 10:31 AM, stakeside said:

At first I thought this was a roadster type truck and I believe that Graham/Dodge did not offer a 3/4 ton roadster truck. How that I see the 3/4 ton designation on the dash "Warranty Tag" things get interesting. 

This could have been an early "C" truck. The holes and back supports would be where the upper part of truck is attached.

Any pictures of the frame would help. 

That was my exact thoughts too.

DCT would be a great find! Only problem with the 1923 theory is, DCT were 1926/27. No other 3/4 tons prior to that is there? 

This is the problem with all the literature in too many hands and the answers in too many differing publications. Drives me nuts sometimes...

1920 to 27 2.jpg

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, 406mac said:

I will publish some pictures of the frame and the remaining parts of the truck...Thanks Mac

What's the date and part # on your brackets?

I pulled the ones I have from a 1927 commercial car (according to owner). I couldn't retrieve the frame number because it's buried in the sand of the desert southwest.

15 hours ago, 406mac said:

I will get pictures of the seat brackets tomorrow...I found the hood and took some pictures of the frame.....any idea where any identification numbers would be? 

DSCF7895.JPG

DSCF7896.JPG

DSCF7897.JPG

DSCF7899.JPG

DSCF7900.JPG

DSCF7906.JPG

DSCF7901.JPG

DSCF7903.JPG

Too much grass. Can not see much.

Frame number located over front axle on drivers side for later trucks. If you could measure the wheelbase it will help ID the frame.

On 5/26/2022 at 1:15 PM, 406mac said:

Here are some pictures of the seat brackets...can a date be determined from this?

DSCF7926.JPG

Earlier # than the September 1924 brackets I posted so I would think it has to be made around 1923 or before (as Sherman and Tom concluded). Again, the frame will tell us what year it is for sure. 

Since it's a Ford hood, do we even know if the frame is for the body or is it all speculation?

• 2 weeks later...