1954 Buick Roadmaster motor mount replacement

1954 roadie

On 5/19/2022 at 5:58 AM, 1954 roadie said:

Hi  all, I am looking for some tips on changing the motor mounts on my  1954 Roadmaster. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.....Paul

Could use more info. Are you asking if you could swap out the engine mounts, rubber cushions, or a need to remove other items without raising or stabilizing the engine from moving? Thanks. 

1-Scan-002.jpg.b03b5105105e132b1132f7e660a257c9.jpg

Edited by 1953mack (see edit history)

Hi 1953 mack, engine is a 322. I want to replace the stock engine mounts with new. I just wanted some sort of advice from others who have changed these out on a 1954 roadmaster. Basically, what to remove, and how to support the engine. Thanks for any help...Paul

Put a floor jack under the oil pan with a piece of wood to distribute the weight on the pan.  Lift gently and them start unbolting the mounts, top and bottom.  For the bottom fasteners, I believe there are holes in the bottom of the cross member to get a long socket and extension onto the nut.  Lift the engine enough to get the old mounts out of the way.  Install the new ones onto the frame first, then use a punch or screwdriver to help you line up your holes on the top.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, 2carb40 said:

Have read reports of reproductions having fastener spacing wrong requiring using round filing some holes into slots for fitment.

That is the story of a lot of replacements, but don't modify the car!  Grind the inside  of the studs on the mount until it fits and chase the threads before installing.

• Like 2