1930 Chevy Windshield Regulator

DodgeDD670

This is an early chevy. plymouth, Dodge (Yes) and or it fits. I have seen the replacement gears at Macs (I Think it was Macs) and were listed as 30 chevy. These gears are cast and broken the mechanism is very hard to find. it is seized. This is marked 29 Plymouth and this fits in my 30 dodge but like I said the replacment gears were sold under 30 chevy maybe a width difference? 

$350.00 plus the ride 469-358-4233 Jerry text or call for more info. Thanks 

the other was from a buick possibly needs gear work was seized $150.00 

thumbnail_IMG_8832.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_8833.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_8834.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_8836.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_8839.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_9297.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

You can get a kit to rebuild your regulators yourself or have them rebuilt for you by contacting Gary Wallace.  His email address is

Gary <chev4cyl@charter.net>  The silver colored one in the last photo is not one that the kit fits.

Ternstead made those regulators for all brands of cars.  They were used from 1929 to 1931.  1929/30 were for the taller windshields

The 1931 has different large gears as the windshield wasn't as tall. 

Each kit comes with a new gearbox, 2 small bevel gears, a driven gear for inside the gearbox and  2 large gears with a pin to contact to windshield lower channel.   It also contains a new 3/8 steel shaft, support and all attaching parts. You need to send in the short shaft gear that the handle goes on, so that a new worm gear can be cast onto the shaft.

Edited by Vtinker (see edit history)