1928 President body parts question.

Alright my friends, I'm still a bit confused about the various names for the different sections of the car for the 1928 FB Presidents. "The Antique Studebaker Review" for May/June 2002 has a great chart for the 1928 FB colors. Here is what it states for my FB 5 pass State sedan with a 121" Wheelbase.

1.Side (Upper) - Granite Gray
2.Side (Lower) - Sierra Gray
3.Belt Panel (Antique) - Meadow Green
4.Reveals - Sierra Grey
5.Moulding - Granite Gray
6.Fenders - Granite Gray
7.Instrument Board - Meadow Green/Granite Gray
8.Garnish Mouldings - Granite Gray
9.Garnish Door Panels - Granite Gray
10.Wire Wheels (Entire) Meadow Green
11.Cushion Retainer - Capri Green
12.Roof Color - Granite Gray

**I figured out everything except I need help with 3 body panels:

#3 Belt Panel (Antique) - Is that the 3' section where the door handles are?

#4 Reveals ?

#5 Molding ?

Any help will be appreciated. Use the photo below to desribe these areas.This car gets painted this week.

Thank you!

Dale

IMG_2195.png.d3ac70f949a8f6a88da33786d2b21cea.png

This lot might interest you. It was posted on a Stude facebook page. Well worth adding to your files. It does take some time to absorb.

Luckily it begins in the area that you are interested in, and goes on into the following series. The third page is of most interest to you. 

I have a GE Dictator cabriolet which uses the same colour schemes - just different colours I think. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

• Like 1

As far as interpretation of part names I think the 'reveal' is inner edges of the window frames which in some cars are done in a contrasting colour. 

Yes, I think the belt panel is that section on the body sides between the two moulding lines. Only that era cars used it. The FE/FH series didn't.

I found this photo on the net taken in Los Angeles in 1932. It shows some good detail. 

I had hoped that the tyre size might reveal the model of the car but at that time the Dictator, Commander and short wheelbase President all used 5.50 section tyres - note the bottom right of the photo.

Los Angeles 1932.jpg

Adding those contrasting stripes to the waist line area of the car section of the car I think 'bring it up' quite a bit. 

These two pics are. as far as I know the only two existing GE cabriolets in restored condition. Mine (green) is right hand drive, an amateur restoration done in the 1980s.  (Even though my paint is nearly 40 years old I think I will get mine striped. We have a local guy who is good at it.) The other one was superbly restored in California but now lives in Oregon.

IMG_0611 resize.JPG

68873169_120900875916689_32965802437115904_o (4).jpg

• Like 4

Wow!!!

I can’t believe what I’m looking at. I’ve owned his car for 10 years and have been looking for anything like this and this is just absolutely incredible. I so appreciate this beyond words, I mean, let me know if you need a kidney or something. Thank you.

I’m slowly going through this tonight to process it all. My car sat in the body shop for over six years and they barely touched it. I pulled it out and give it to a new shop last week that has done amazing work on classic cars and he’s ready to paint! Im super excited to move on to the next phase of putting the 4 crates of freshly chromed parts back on then off to the upholstery shop. This is a massive help.
Thanks again

Dale

Dale

We corresponded back in april of 2014.  You bought all of the Antique Studebaker clubs back issues available then.  The one posted here must not have been one available then.  You can contact the author of that color article.  He lives in your area.
Rex

Studerex! 
Yes I remember. Love those books. Base coat going on the body today. (See photo) Paint work should be complete by next Saturday. Very excited.

The only snack I see today is that we realized that my entire front seat system including the metal back of the front seat may have gotten lost at Bill Oliver’s shop when he shut it down. Just catching this now. I may be in some trouble with that realization…

43736950-7DD5-4E87-9C41-9ABFBE4619EE.jpeg

• Like 3