Does it still exist? Mercury Comet Super Cyclone, 1964, built for Fordat Dearborn Steel Tubing for the Lincoln-Mercury Caravan of Stars.

f.f.jones

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Does it still exist? Mercury Comet Super Cyclone, 1964, built for Fordat Dearborn Steel Tubing for the Lincoln-Mercury Caravan of Stars.

The fastback does make it look similar to the early Barracuda, but to me that style of roof works much better on this car than on the Barracuda. Might be because this car looks slightly longer than the Plymouth. In my most humble opinion, had they left off the homely square headlights and weird fender exhaust ports, the car might've been well received had it gone into production.  I even like the little vestigial tail fins along side the fastback...but then, I'm an early '60's Mercury guy (which means I like some styling things that other people might not like.)

On 5/14/2022 at 3:18 AM, George Smolinski said:

Looks like they stole some of the roof & rear window from a Barracuda.

No, just the roof. And where did the Barracuda get it from?????

1953 Chevrolet

Straight-Six Style - 1953 Chevrolet | Hemmings1953 Pontiac>image.jpeg.bac8a80db83804e6fe03c7b1c67fff8e.jpeg

1956 olds>Carsthatnevermadeitetc — Oldsmobile Golden Rocket, 1956. One of the  General...

1957 Cadillac>File:1957 Cadillac Coupe de Ville Rear.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

1958 Impala>File:1958 Chevrolet-Impala.jpg - Wikimedia Commons    1958 Pontiac>1958 Pontiac Bonneville custom sport coupé #374677 - Best quality free high  resolution car images - mad4wheels

Edited by Pfeil (see edit history)