36 Deluxe 8 dome light--how does it attach?

My car has its original dome light and cover but I can't attach the cover to the receptacle. It appears that it's a bayonet type mount but I'm not sure. In the photos below it appears that tabs or something might have been broken off the rim of the cover. Does anyone have the same light who could post photos that would show these tabs? Thank you for your help. light4.jpg.3f17923e70d1ebc3a3b50918eac250b6.jpg1952433717_domelight.jpg.87d733f175f14e4f1071f3d1f1ce6580.jpg

• Like 1

Nothing missing. The bulb socket/reflector piece, if like mine, has 4 nubbies(best term i can think of), that hang down, and lens cover pushes on over them. The rust out spot may be from where it made contact with one of the nubbies. Yours looks like a glass lens, all the ones i have from `35 Pontiacs, `35 Chev Master, and my `36 Buick, all have the same lens, plastic with a cross-hatch design. I can post a picture of one mine if needed. I found a picture of one with a glass lens, attaches different from mine. This one shows 3 attaching points, (duz this look like yours?)may be yours is missing a nubbie. Image 3 - 1920's 1930's Ford ? Chevrolet GM Mopar Dome Courtesy Light Lens Hot Rod SCTA

Edited by pont35cpe (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Many thanks for this. Mine has a glass lens which is held on with no problem. The problem was that this lens would not attach to the bulb socket/reflector piece. Now I can see the problem. Mine is missing those 3 tabs (broken off I suppose) shown at the red arrows below. I'll make and solder on some new ones. Thanks again. 296766272_domelightcover.jpg.74b5d3852bc3ac36a7166687e398317a.jpg

• Like 2