For Sale: 1957 Buick Super Hardtop - "Reliable, runs good" - "Older restoration" - St Charles, MO - Not Mine - 6/22 & 5/19 Reduced

Posted (edited)

For sale on Facebook: 1957 Buick Super 4-door Hardtop in St Charles, MO  -  $25,500  -  Phone # from Craigslist ad: 314 778 15 six seven

On 5/19, Seller reduced price to $24,000 and relisted on Craigslist

On 6/22, Seller reduced price to $22,000 and relisted on Craigslist

Link to 6/22 relist: https://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/d/saint-charles-1957-buick-super/7499898418.html

Link to Facebook ad: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/724371788693362/1957-Buick-Super-Hardtop

Seller's Description:

1957 Buick Super 4-door Hardtop

• Driven 1,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Turquoise · Interior color: Turquoise

1957 Buick Super 4 door hardtop, two-tone mint green and dover white, 364 V8, 10k on the rebuild, automatic transmission, power steering and power brakes. Older restoration, well preserved, solid exterior & underside, reliable, runs good.

image.png.ad9e3169b6d146a1c103f6306370f6e3.png

image.png.6287c0b215782377cdcb03f775a8b7a7.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update price (see edit history)
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1957 Buick Super Hardtop - "Reliable, runs good" - "Older restoration" - St Charles, MO - Not Mine - 5/19 Reduced
Posted (edited)

I contacted the seller. He is very accommodating and we talked about the car via phone and he sent me videos and photos. It appears to be a very solid car. Some changes made to it over time and a few minor issues that someone could resolve if they wanted to. He’s owned it for less than a year.

The radiator has been replaced with an aftermarket unit, generator changed over to alternator, electric fuel pump added, peddle start disabled and now starts by switch under the dash. A head unit has been added in console unit sitting on transmission hump and exterior speakers placed on the rear package tray.

According to seller, drivers side exhaust manifold has a crack, rear driver’s side window regulator is sticking, and power seats aren’t working.

Based on what I could see from videos, it starts right up, sounds good and looks good. Just not the right car for me.

Edited by parkertom (see edit history)
  • Thanks 4

I remember this car for sale a few years ago for about half this money.  Someone, probably whomever he got it from, made a quick profit.  However, it will be a tough sell even being a decent car.  Super 4 doors just don't hold the value.  If I remember correctly the car has incorrect upholstery as well, but didn't look out of place.  I think the paint color (at least on lower) may have been changed too.

• Like 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1957 Buick Super Hardtop - "Reliable, runs good" - "Older restoration" - St Charles, MO - Not Mine - 6/22 & 5/19 Reduced