For Sale: 1964 BUICK LeSabre 4dr Sedan - $7,700 - Latrobe, PA - Not Mine - Still Available, Major Price Reduction to $3,500: 4-24-2023: Screaming Deal Alert!!!

For Sale: 1964 BUICK LeSabre 4dr Sedan - $7,700 - Latrobe, PA - Still Available, Major Price Reduction to $3,500: 4-24-2023: See New Link Below:

1964 BUICK LeSabre - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

Great running driving vintage car. No rust or bondo. I just drove it 300 miles at highway speeds. Not a single problem! Get in it and drive. New exhaust from the manifolds back. Sounds great! 83,000 miles
Copy and paste in your email: 94a95f91ac0936049c6d43b4f7b516b1@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1964 BUICK LeSabre 4dr Sedan.

'64 BUICK LeSabre PA a.jpg

'64 BUICK LeSabre PA b.jpg

'64 BUICK LeSabre PA c.jpg

'64 BUICK LeSabre PA d.jpg

'64 BUICK LeSabre PA e.jpg

'64 BUICK LeSabre PA f.jpg

'64 BUICK LeSabre PA g.jpg

'64 BUICK LeSabre PA h.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Major Price Reduction to $3,500: 4-24-2023: Crossed out the dead CL link, (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GARY F said:

Why do people change the air cleaners?  Do they think they are going to gain something.

It always makes me feel like a kid got ahold of grandpa's car.

On 5/7/2022 at 4:50 PM, GARY F said:

Do they think they are going to gain something.

10 more horsepower. Nothing turns me off more than to see an original car engine with a chrome aftermarket aircleaner or a freakin Edelbrock carb. Hey, I'm too stupid to rebuild the original carb or send it out to have it done so I'll slap on an Edelbrock. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Brooklyn Beer said:

upper left side of pic on fender.  What is the device that looks like it is missing 2 hoses?  wiper fluid pump ?

Think it may be the heater valve. Not 100% but my guess

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀

• Like 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1964 BUICK LeSabre 4dr Sedan - $7,700 - Latrobe, PA - Not Mine - Still Available, Major Price Reduction to $3,500: 4-24-2023:

Still Available, Major Price Reduction to $3,500: 4-24-2023:

1964 BUICK LeSABRE - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive... (craigslist.org)

Seller's Description:

Runs and drives.  Great summer fun.  Come get it and drive it home.  Selling off my stuff, don't ask I'm too old.  odometer: 84000

Copy and paste in your email: 1c2885eae33e31a1aae4c0a4d88899b4@sale.craigslist.org

On 5/7/2022 at 5:50 PM, GARY F said:

Why do people change the air cleaners?  Do they think they are going to gain something.

On 5/9/2022 at 8:59 PM, George Smolinski said:

Nothing turns me off more than to see an original car engine with a chrome aftermarket air cleaner or a freakin Edelbrock carb. 

To me, it's a big cautionary sign.  What else has

been modified?  Maybe it's easy to correct, but if

I'm scanning the pictures in a for-sale ad, and see

modifications such as that, I'm likely to close the ad

and move on.

• Like 4

Probably the original got tossed years ago. Not to my liking either, but not a deal breaker. This is a decent cheap way for someone to get into the hobby.

• Like 1

Possibly because the replacement filter inserts that fit those factory air cleaners aren't as readily available and cheap as they used to be.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, JamesR said:

Unless this car doesn't have a title - or is blowing tons of blow smoke and knocking like a bongo drum - it should sell in a few hours. That's a great price on a solid looking, nicely styled mid-sixties sedan.

If it were on the north side of Lake Erie I'd be a buyer!

• Like 1

This car is getting quite a hard time over an air cleaner.  I've used open air cleaners on some of my cars for a variety of reasons.  Currently, my '63 Riviera has one because you can't buy an air filter for the original air cleaner anywhere I can find.  Second, not all carburetors use the same air cleaner base; if this owner is using a newer Edelbrock carburetor instead of the original Rochester or Carter, the original air cleaner won't fit the carburetor.  Not everyone is interested in being completely original; they just want to keep their car on the road so they can enjoy it.

It does appear to be missing a transmission dipstick, and the heater control valve is disconnected, so it probably needs a rebuild.  But this is a heck of a deal and it should sell soon at that price.  It should have the aluminum headed 300, which is a good engine as long as it's made it this long.  

• Like 3

For a car in that condition and at that price who cares about the air filter. No one looks under the hood anymore. The damage in the seat back would bother me more and that's only because I'd worry about it getting worse. 

I'd buy this and drive the wheels off it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1964 BUICK LeSabre 4dr Sedan - $7,700 - Latrobe, PA - Not Mine - Still Available, Major Price Reduction to $3,500: 4-24-2023: Screaming Deal Alert!!!

I don't think there's any rear seat damage. That divot on the left side cushion looks more like light and shadow to me.

I can sympathize over not being able to find an airfilter. I got the last case of 59-67 Olds 4bc airfilters in the WIX Gastonia warehouse about 20 years ago, and then bought a case of Texaco branded filters too. 

Sometimes you have to run what you have when dealing with obsolete stuff.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ed Luddy said:

If it were on the north side of Lake Erie I'd be a buyer!

AND @Ed Luddy,

You could drive it on the July 16-21 Founders Tour in London, ON-

We'll be there !

• Like 1

On 4/25/2023 at 6:46 PM, Marty Roth said:

AND @Ed Luddy,

You could drive it on the July 16-21 Founders Tour in London, ON-

We'll be there !

Oh Boy! I'll make sure I can make that, Hopefully my Reatta isn't too new. May have to borrow my buddy's 37 Chevy.

1 hour ago, Ed Luddy said:

Oh Boy! I'll make sure I can make that, Hopefully my Reatta isn't too new. May have to borrow my buddy's 37 Chevy.

1932 THROUGH 1998 VEHICLES ARE ELIGIBLE FOR FOUNDERS TOUR - open to AACA Members

We'll be driving the 1937 Buick 80C Roadmaster Phaeton.

Phone or write Hershey to request an application

(Newer than 1931, and at least 25 years old)

I have been told that Ontario Region may also be running their London to Brighton Tour (maybe concurrently?)