records of Dodges shipped to nz. re 23 car

Are there any records available that might record when my car was shipped to NZ.  Probably built on 17/5/23 going by the chassis number. It has been brought to my attention that I need to prove the car has been registered in NZ before.              There were no papers or rego plates with this car when I bought it off a relation in Taupo about 38 years ago. 

• 4 weeks later...

I will need to do the same at some point. Finding history of the Dodge dealers back in the day might help - to see if there are any records around.  Amuri Motors was a South Island dealer, but i haven't done any digging to find out much about them yet.

• Like 1

I have spoken to some VCC club members in Whangarei and got in touch with the man who does the checking of the vehicles for authenticity and that they actually exist. You have to start the process with the VCC.

This is what his reply to me was.

Hi l am the person to contact as l do the inspections but not until the vehicle

is assembled + photographed .  you need to fill in the usual application forms  7pages.  if you contact the V C C  
 website you can get forms for this  or your local secretary . [ I have left off personal details. You can PM me for more info, but I am a novice.  ]
On 5/31/2022 at 8:20 PM, Dodgenz said:

I will need to do the same at some point. Finding history of the Dodge dealers back in the day might help - to see if there are any records around.  Amuri Motors was a South Island dealer, but i haven't done any digging to find out much about them yet.

You need to be able to give some idea of its history [ who you bought it off etc ] as far as you know, and also send of 3 copies of photographs of the completed  vehicle.

If there is anything on the car that proves it was registered in NZ before, then you are halfway there.  A rego sticker or photos of the car with previous rego plates. 

Edited by cutdown
new info (see edit history)