1958 buick state wagon

Dany pepe

Hello guys nice to meet you my name is Antonio ,I have purchased a 1958 Buick riviera special state wagon wich is in imaculated condition ,the only thing is that is missing the dynaflow transmission and the carshaft tunnel ,previews owner say that he send the transmission to repair well and got lost somehow ,so I am looking for those parts ,will appreciate any help ,thank you

E4769D56-07D0-4436-A260-C9886F435102.jpeg

BD0C1C91-ACFE-48E7-AB76-6ED2C58ABC06.jpeg

B17566AB-4A6A-4B9D-9B5E-FC8D579A21C4.jpeg

73026EAF-4448-4EA2-BCE4-0CFA4AB67743.jpeg

• Like 7

Welcome to the Forum, Antonio-

You are going to be a hit...you introduced yourself with photos and we love great old wagons!

Where are you located?

Your transmission shouldn't be too much of a problem to replace, but my experience is with a 1939 Buick, which is a completely different conversation.

Looks fantastic and should ride like a dream.  Best of Luck!

Edited by JRHaelig (see edit history)

Welcome to the forum and I love your car, I also have a 1958 Buick and love the car, scroll down to the Buick section see the post-war section, a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum. I suggest you get the actual shop service and body shop service manuals and service bulletins and product school manuals, they have a load of information to assist you, and available on e-bay. I have the Buick chassis and body parts manuals that the Buick dealer had at that time if you need any information please let me know. The parts you need are out there, if you would like I could send you pictures of the blow up of parts your looking for from the parts catalog to verify what you need, but I do not know how to attach it to this forum, BUT could send it to your mobile phone if you give me the number. I wish you the best of luck getting your car on the road.

Bob

EDIT: Antonio please post a picture of the VIN number located on the drivers door forward post, and the body tag located on the firewall drivers side.

Edited by NailheadBob
update (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Nice looking Estate Wagon!

Does your Dynaflow selector show PNDLR or PRNDG? That will make a difference in which transmission you need to search for.

PNDLR is Variable Pitch Dynaflow 

PRNDG is Flight Pitch Dynaflow 

The folks in the Buick Forums can help.

• Like 2

If you are in Texas, I would contact Pete Phillps, he can be found in the Buick Postwar section further down the first page of the forum. Many others to help there also.

• Like 1