1967 Riviera Belt-line Trim Removal

TedG

My 67 Riviera has a dent in the belt-line stainless trim located just below the driver's window. Anyone provide direction on how to remove it for repair? Also, a shop recommendation near the Chicago area to correct the part please.

Thank You!

Ted

Ted,

The trim is removed after the door panel is removed. Then the glass has to be down far enough to remove the screws/staples. One way to lower the glass enough is to remove the bottom window stop.

IF you go to v8buick.com there is a restorer there by the name of "Smartin" that does that type of work. 

I know you will be pleased with the results. Being just one piece I'm sure he will get to it kinda quickly, BUT he is a one man operation & it may take awhile.

The only way you'll know is to reach out to him through e-mail or call.

Tom T.

6 hours ago, TedG said:

My 67 Riviera has a dent in the belt-line stainless trim located just below the driver's window. Anyone provide direction on how to remove it for repair? Also, a shop recommendation near the Chicago area to correct the part please.

Thank You!

Ted

I will send you a PM.

7 hours ago, TedG said:

Thank You!

Ted

Finishing Touch is a top notch shop...but pricey. I use a shop in the near western suburbs but have no idea how busy they are. Send me a message and we should be able to get you hooked up.

Tom Mooney