For Sale: 1966 Ford LTD 4dr Hardtop - $10,500 - Strasburg, ND - Not Mine

For Sale: 1966 Ford LTD 4dr Hardtop - $10,500 - Strasburg, ND

1966 Ford LTD Hard Top - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

1966 Ford LTD Hard Top4 Door Hard Top. Rebuilt 289 Engine. Automatic Transmission. Power Steering. Power Brakes. Air Conditioning - Blows Cold. New Brakes, Tires, Paint. Very Clean. Drives Excellent. Asking $10,500 OBO

Copy and paste in your email: 8c4d4aeea9ff3ef990b9fd9348f9a256@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1966 Ford LTD 4dr Hardtop.

'66 Ford LTD 4dr ND a.jpg

'66 Ford LTD 4dr ND b.jpg

'66 Ford LTD 4dr ND c.jpg

'66 Ford LTD 4dr ND d.jpg

'66 Ford LTD 4dr ND e.jpg

'66 Ford LTD 4dr ND f.jpg

'66 Ford LTD 4dr ND g.jpg

'66 Ford LTD 4dr ND h.jpg

'66 Ford LTD 4dr ND i.jpg

'66 Ford LTD 4dr ND j.jpg

'66 Ford LTD 4dr ND k.jpg

'66 Ford LTD 4dr ND l.jpg

• Like 3

Nice clean car, if you like '66 full sized Fords. To me, this model year always looked like the designers worked hard on the front 2/3 (side view), went for a long lunch, remembered the deadline, then hurried back to the studio and stuck slab-sided quarter panels with no details on the back 1/3, and called it a day.

I much prefer the '65 or '67 ----

1965 FORD GALAXIE XL

1967 Ford Galaxie 500 4-door | S201 | St. Charles 2009

• Like 2

Nice one! Those seats look great and the LTD fabric doesn’t hold up well over time. Must have been well cared for. This is a lot of money for a ‘66 Galaxie, especially a four door in this color. These just don’t bring a lot of money. But in this condition it might find a buyer. 

Of course, as I always point out with these, check the frame for rot!! Everywhere. Tap it with a hammer or poke it with a screwdriver. They rot from the inside out. 

• Like 1

I also prefer the '67 - in fact, it's one of my favorite cars of that era - but I don't think the '66 Ford is bad looking at all. I've come to like them. Both Ford and Mopar had very angular styling in larger cars during the mid '60's. The Mustang made good use of that approach and it was a huge seller.

I didn't realize they made LTD's as early as '66. Was that the first year?