trying to identify the car/truck that this rear windshield I found belongs too?

ZiannaS

Hi! Newly added member here...trying to identify the car/truck that this rear windshield I found belongs too?? My dad had it stashed under the house and I found it after he passed away. Any help is appreciated..sorry for stepping on your post but I dont have a tag or title for a windshield lol0429220041b_HDR.jpg.f2c5e033d2b32e6f74f2524cfa61128e.jpg0429220044a_HDR.jpg.547d67966af245488ded7b99f87fbf0f.jpg

4 hours ago, 3macboys said:

Any measurements that you can provide would help immensely.  At first glance I would guess something in the later 30's.

Measured at centerpoints of glass...86 cm x 35 cm x 5 mm. It is rounder at the top and flat along the bottom of the oval as well as being curved glass. I was thinking 30s or maybe early 40s.  Also it is very cloudy glass..it always looks like there's dried milk on the other side of glass. Do you know a way to clear that enough to get a better look at the embedded code? 

Edited by ZiannaS
Add more details. (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Grimy said:

Oval rear glass for Packard circa 1935-1939?

Maybe? I havent found a good picture online to compare it to. Its Herculite tempered glass, which came out in 38. I only knew of my dad driving American made cars though...Chevy Ford Dodge..bought used vehicles mostly. Nicest one I remember was a 50 something Cadillac. 

6 hours ago, f.f.jones said:

33.85" x 13.78"    ----   Is that too big for a Ford 1941 to 1948 ?

(sorry, don't have a car to measure...)

That would sure look like it - I grabbed this off the web from a reproduction sight - it is tinted but the shape shows up better in the picture

bb19-1.jpg?time=1651321073