1989 in Dallas pick-n-pull

Barney Eaton

I visited a pick-n-pull on the south side of Dallas yesterday.   I believe someone posted there was a Reatta there and there is one.   Pretty sure it has been repainted with a color change as the grey that is on it is not a Reatta grey.   It has a red interior and most of the things like cluster, headlight sw,  has been removed. 

It is a sunroof car and also 16 way seats.    The trunk is full of parts so I could not get to the Service parts label.   The item I want to share is someone have converted the Teves brakes to a system like the kind used on Buick GN's  it used the power steering pump for pressure, so it is not a vacuum boost system.   Seems to me it would be simpler to go with vacuum boost if you were going to change as the parts are more available and cheaper.    I will post a picture next week of the brake setup when I get home,  I can also see what the original color was.     The vin was 1G4EC11C9KB906498

" system like the kind used on Buick GN's " The GNs lacked vacuum so used a GM Powermaster developed for trucks. It is similar to the Teves except about 800 psi and no ABS. What you describe (power steering driven) sounds more like a Hydroboost system, a favourite of hot rodders and for resto-mods. Did it have a turbo ?

I stopped in that yard to pull parts on my way back from Texas [to Wisconsin]. I didn't see the sign about no cash refunds as I wanted to just test the IPC [CRT was already gone]. I took a quick look and think that Padgett is correct with his description. The engine was stock...

Here is a photo of the brake unit in that 1989 Reatta...... I agree that it is the same type used on the GN's

the lines run to the other end of the engine...to the power steering pump. 

I did not see an accumulator and if it has one it is hidden behind the reservoir.... this may be the kind they put on 

street rods.   The installation looks professional.  

non teves.jpg

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)