For Sale: 1941 Packard 120 Coupe - "Just out of an estate" - Chatham, NY - Not Mine - 6/12 Reduced - 8/26 SOLD!

For sale on Facebook: 1941 Packard 120 Coupe in Chatham, NY  -  $17,500  -  Call: 518 858 29 four eight 

On 6/12, Seller reduced price to $15,000

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/9569062649777501941-Packard-120-Coupe

Seller's Description:

1941 Packard 120 Coupe

• Driven 35,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Yellow · Interior color: Grey

If the ad is up it's still available. If your interested ask something else. Just out of an estate auction. I will be getting off the trailer and getting it running tomorrow.

• I will update listing and take more pictures when I'm done.

You can call 518 858 29 four eight.

image.png.3b6e1a254e2b4dcda656a7f767e1cda1.png

image.png.f56b706871e489d38538ca3ae59fb129.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)

For safety's sake and the weight of the driver, one would think Packard would have put the single spare tire on the passenger's side or trunk...

1 hour ago, 63RedBrier said:

For safety's sake and the weight of the driver, one would think Packard would have put the single spare tire on the passenger's side or trunk...

I don't think Packard offered a single sidemount as a factory option.  Factory sidemounts included a change to stiffer front springs - you wouldn't have differences side to side.  One of the front fenders is not as left the factory.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TAKerry said:

I like this car. Looks a bit tired though. Would make a nice 'beater', I doubt its original so the patina adds no value in my opinion. Now, if its all original than I would call this car just about perfect, assuming it runs good. 

It's been repainted without a doubt. See the door jambs.

No photo description available.

• Like 2

So looks like he wants 17,500 for a car that he probably paid less than 10 for and is realistically worth the 10 he paid for it if it runs.  Since the door jambs are not even painted to match,  then you wonder what else they skipped and how good it was to begin with.  That Passenger side door panel is pretty well shot.  Wouldn't be surprised if the Driver's is as well.   Looks like it will be another 61 Buick Convt as he keeps reducing the price.  I could be wrong,  but Even being a coupe and a Packard this isn't a very exciting car and the market seems to be shifting more to bang for your buck and not marque specific collectors.  Who has 17,500 that's looking for something like this and what else can they buy with it or a little more?  

The Ford next to it looks very familiar.  Is this one of the cars form the Clinton Sale.  It sure is starting to look like it might be.  If so might not have paperwork either.  Does anyone recall what the hammer was on it?  Something between 7500 and 10G rings a bell. 

• Like 2

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1941 Packard 120 Coupe - "Just out of an estate" - Chatham, NY - Not Mine - 6/12 Reduced
  • 2 months later...
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1941 Packard 120 Coupe - "Just out of an estate" - Chatham, NY - Not Mine - 6/12 Reduced - 8/26 SOLD!