Spring Cleaning a European Prewar Collection

One of my collectors in Europe is downsizing and could be interested in selling.  This is what he has available prewar.  

The dollar is at a record high as of today!

1927 Stutz Model AA Roadster
1930 Buick 46S Coupé
1934 Lagonda M45 two-seater tourer
1934 MG PA 
1935 Auburn 851 Speedster SC
1935 Auburn 851 Roadster SC
1936 Alvis Speed 20 SD VdP DHC
1937 Buick Special Sport Coupé
1938 Talbot 3-litre Whittingham & Mitchel Tourer (1 of 3 existing survivors)
1948 Delahaye 135M Pennock DHC

These cars are not on the open market. email duesdealer@gmail.com for more information.

Edited by supercargirl (see edit history)
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, JACK M said:

Cmon, tease us with some pictures.

I can do one.. but after that it will be on a request basis.   Although if you were on my newsletter you would see cars that are never advertised but just offered to my readers.  The phaeton sold last week.

Auburn Boattail Speedster.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

I like Auburns and most prewar cars to some degree.  How does one get your newsletter? 

Hi Tim.  I represent a wide range of cars - from Steam to Sportscars so sometimes you might see an Auburn Boattail Speedster, maybe next to the 1984 March Porsche "Kreepy Krauly."    I send it out about once or twice a month.  One thing I can guarantee is that if you love cars you will love the newsletter.  In the past few weeks I featured and sold an Arnolt Bristol, a Bugatti T40, a Mustang, you never quite know what will pop up.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jeff Perkins / Mn said:

Out of respect to forum rules if you are representing these cars you should post prices and pictures.

Respectfully, Jeff P.

Thank you Jeff.  I have been a part of the forum for almost two decades. I am sure the readers do not feel offended that I put a list up.  If they do, well then we should take it down.  What ever the forum wants Kelly does!  

Kelly, It’s fine. The fly by night and scammers are where the problems come from. I rarely post the price of my cars for sale that I list here. 

424121222_1937BuickSpecialSportCoupe(45).jpg.571f5049ebd4e63a681a7b8e7639dde7.jpg

23 hours ago, 60s Buick Fan said:

1937 Buick Special Sport Coupé

Interested but it depends on where and for how much.

This is from a very good client of mine:

She came to my collection in 2020 from the US. I use here normally even for long distance rallies.

Asking price is €40,000.  $42,000.00 US  

The car is located at my collection, so Hradec Kralove, Czech republic.

The car is EU registered (CZE registration).  

More pictures available by email: duesdealer@gamil.com 

1937 Buick Special Sport Coupe (15).jpg

1937 Buick Special Sport Coupe (19).jpg

1937 Buick Special Sport Coupe (45).jpg

1937 Buick Special Sport Coupe (33).jpg

tag buick.jpg

engine buick.jpg

Just a gut feeling, but I think cars like this Buick are probably seen as being more desirable : and more likely to bring a premium price, in Europe than back in North America. It's a nice example. But only a Special. Quite a few survivors. I may be mistaken , but that looks more to me like a Century price than a Special.

On the other hand an Arnot Bristol probably has a bigger following in the U.S. than Europe or the U.K.

But I expect you already know all of this.

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)

This is a car set up for rallying it has done the 1000 miles of Czechoslovakia  and the Competition of Reliability by Czechoslovakia (1500 miles around Czech and Slovak Republic). These are traditional long distance rallies (tradition since 1933 and 1937 respectively). And also some shorter local rallies.  

So not a Buick to be tucked into a car collection in the states for sure.