Crunchy - Pre WWII

Walt G

I didn't want to post this in my other thread on Photographs to help relieve some of the stress as seeing these may cause some "Aw Geez" reaction and a bit of stress. SO here are some accident photos taken by a photographer in Mineola, long island , NY named Drennan. All pre WWII in the late 1930s early 1940ish time span.

they were all near the village of Mineola in the surrounding area and were for use in local newspapers. Many photos taken at night.

1) 1933 Chevy phaeton

2) 1931 Ford coupe

3) 1935 Plymouth when it was a year old ( has 1936 NY plate on it) road sign says Garden City on the vertical post and notes at the top Roslyn 4  ( miles) Hempstead 2 ( miles) Freeport 6 ( miles)  and Ahead to Hicksville 6 miles.

I used these decades ago in Special Interest Autos magazine.

If not to distressful let me know and I will post a few more. Or post some of your own BUT please keep it pre WWII era.

CHEVYCrash1933.jpg

FordCrashmodelA.jpg

PllymouthCRASH1935.jpg

Edited by Walt G (see edit history)
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, wayne sheldon said:

Must be an interesting story behind that Packard? And a hand crank in front? Frame and head lamp looks pretty messed up.

Must have been after a high speed chase, and after the cops unloaded what was in the back seat!

Craig

1 hour ago, GregLaR said:

Not even cold yet and someone's already stolen the hood ornament.

20220502_211113.jpg.dfc720e631746e343b3fa75e2bbe5205.jpg

By the look of the rest of the car, the cap may have just broken off.