Cord stuff, not mine

Xander Wildeisen

The one front fender and a couple of rear fenders look pretty good.  Other than that a couple door handles and a sedan Dash Facia is about all that looks really usable. The value is in the few good fenders,  but how many cars out there still need fenders.  I see big tags on them,  but I doubt many sell.   It's not like people are using them for garage art, like a 32 Ford Grille. 

11 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

The one front fender and a couple of rear fenders look pretty good.  Other than that a couple door handles and a sedan Dash Facia is about all that looks really usable. The value is in the few good fenders,  but how many cars out there still need fenders.  I see big tags on them,  but I doubt many sell.   It's not like people are using them for garage art, like a 32 Ford Grille. 

Interesting. I didn't even realize there was a difference in the instrument fascia between sedans and convertibles.

The two extra holes are for the windshield cranks I believe where the phaeton/ sportsman has the fixed windshield. Sorry I have to stand corrected,  that does look like the open car one.  Shows you when I looked at the dash on mine last and actually paid attention.  The sedan would have extra holes in the upper corners.   I just assumed since he had a Sedan windshield half and mentioned beverly that it was pieces from that.   Bad assumption.

15 hours ago, mike brady said:

If those fenders were for sale at the swap meet in Auburn in September, you would choke at the asking price.  What is hurting them is the location.

Asking and selling are two different things.  Maybe they sell,  but there seems to be an awful lot of fenders for sale.  I can't imagine there are that many cars left to do that still need front fenders.  Seems every Cord guy has extra parts for their car as well and alot of sedans have been stripped so that an open car could be saved. More stuff seems to come out of the woodwork everyday. 

14 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

Did those funky Cord reproduction cars have the same dash design in them?

I think the only one that used something similar was the Glen Pray 3/4 Vair powered one.  That though I think used a similar fascia but I think it had some different hole placements.  Alot were like the Auburns that looked nothing like an Auburn inside.  

2 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

I think the only one that used something similar was the Glen Pray 3/4 Vair powered one.  That though I think used a similar fascia but I think it had some different hole placements.  Alot were like the Auburns that looked nothing like an Auburn inside.  

the first 100 or so 8/10 Cords used leftover parts from the factory and I believe had real Cord dashes.