of interest to us old timers...

Rita Hayworth's 1941 Lincoln Continental is for sale.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/rita-hayworths-classic-lincoln-is-for-sale/ss-AAWp7So?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBnb7Kz#image=1

AAWp7Nz.img?w=800&h=415&q=60&m=2&f=jpg

AAWoAZC.img?w=800&h=415&q=60&m=2&f=jpg

Orson Welles gave this car to Rita Hayworth for her  24th birthday and she hung on to it for around three decades. Eventually, she gifted it to her secretary, Frita Wolfe.

4 minutes ago, pmhowe said:

These two are don't look to be the same to me: Window treatments are different, the green model sports a radio antenna.

Read the info in the announcement.

Documentation seems complete.

...couldn't be another crooked auction, could it ???

Edited by Twisted Shifter (see edit history)

1 hour ago, pmhowe said:

These two are don't look to be the same to me: Window treatments are different, the green model sports a radio antenna.

I see the antenna on the black and white photo. I also see that the windows match when looking very close at them. The only difference I see is the added emblem.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

I see the antenna on the black and white photo. I also see that the windows match when looking very close at them. The only difference I see is the added emblem.

When you zoom in on the original it's hard to tell if the emblem is there, however, there is something in the same area be it a reflection in the paint or maybe a retouch by the original photographer?

AAWp7Nz_LI (2).jpg

I looked closely at that too 3macboys before I posted.  My computer has a 48 inch big screen so I can really zoom in on things like this.  That truly appears to be part of the same reflection that shows all along the front fender, cowl, door and quarter panel, although I have no explanation for why that emblem should not be on the car in that picture.