Bennett Classics Antique Auto Museum | Forest City NC ... closing...

76 Caddy

Just found out that a car museum close to me is closing and liquidating everything.  Depressing.

In 2007 Bennett Classics Antique Auto Museum was born, having a wide variety of vehicles, housing around 70 vehicles. A lot of unrestored originals from Model ...
Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

The Bennetts made their fortune in trucking. Obviously,  they loved classic cars. I met one of the brothers at a church function soon after the museum was opened. He invited me and my wife to visit, and we did on several occasions.  Although as mentioned above,  most of the cars were unrestored, but I found it to be well laid out and interesting --a sort of HPOF museum. The Hornets Nest Region visited there at least twice. 

Edited by Phillip Cole (see edit history)

Seems the founder Buddy Bennett passed away Jan 2021

http://www.bennettclassics.com/panorama/VR.html

-->https://www.padgettking.com/obituary/John-Bennett

John W. “Buddy” Bennett, age 82 of Forest City, died Sunday, January 17, 2021 at his residence.  Buddy as he was known, was born on May 23, 1938 in Mitchell County, North Carolina and was a son of the late C. B. and Mary Young Bennett. 

He was a member of Pleasant Grove United Methodist Church where he was former chairman of the Administrative Council, served on the church finance committee as well as various other positions in the church. 

In 1975 Buddy founded Truck Service, Incorporated in Forest City where he served as President of the company until his retirement.  He was also currently the owner and operator of Bennett Classics Antique Car Museum. 

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

• MrEarl changed the title to Bennett Classics Antique Auto Museum | Forest City NC ... closing...

Not sure moving to "Museums" will help. In "AACA General" there'd be greater exposure that might help these cars find new homes.

But I have sadly learned you can't save them all.

I think that Pinto is kinda cool too... toad when new, and everywhere, but how long since you've seen one that wasn't a junkyard refugee?

• 4 weeks later...