Problems with posting pictures question

Sometimes our technology tries very hard to think for us but gets it wrong sometimes.  The case in point is when I go to post a given picture, (it has the correct orientation as in top is top).  But when the picture is successfully posted and shows in the forum it has turned sideways, (top on the side).  What can I do/change in order to get the system to let my picture post properly with the top being the top and not default to the top being on the side.  Help please.

Al

4 hours ago, alsfarms said:

Sometimes our technology tries very hard to think for us but gets it wrong sometimes.  The case in point is when I go to post a given picture, (it has the correct orientation as in top is top).  But when the picture is successfully posted and shows in the forum it has turned sideways, (top on the side).  What can I do/change in order to get the system to let my picture post properly with the top being the top and not default to the top being on the side.  Help please.

Al

This is actually a known bug in the Apple iPhone IOS.  

I cant fix fix it at the server because the phone is sending it upside down. Here is  what the software vendor has to say about the issue:

The problem is that the resizer tool in iOS strips the Exif data so it isn't present with the image when it is uploaded.

General consensus (which matches our findings) is that it's an iOS bug that hasn't been fixed in many years (since the conversion tool was introduced)

Unfortunately, there isn't anything we can do about this specific issue.

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/459118-ios-photos-are-uploaded-upside-down/page/4/

• Like 1
17 hours ago, alsfarms said:

Hmmmm.  The only fix them is to deal with the skeewampus pictures or to give up, delete the offending picture and try a different picture.

Thanks for your attention and response.

Al

You can pull them into your computer, fix the orientation or export them as a jpg first... then post them.

• Like 1