Trying to identify what make/model this spare tire carrier came from

D R Moeller

Based on the wheel mount side it would appear to be for a 1934 -1936 Chevy Standard, since the wheel lug pattern is 4 1/4" circle on a 5 lug pattern.  I know it is not for a 1935 Chevy Standard Coupe as I have one of those.  The C/L hole pattern where it mounts to the body is 4 13/16" across top; 7 7/8" across bottom; and 5 1/8" vertical.  Might be for other  GM product in that era, but don't know of any that had a 4 1/4 " bolt circle on 5 lug pattern.

IMG_7739.JPG

IMG_7724.JPG

IMG_7745.JPG

IMG_7747.JPG

3 hours ago, D R Moeller said:

Based on the wheel mount side it would appear to be for a 1934 -1936 Chevy Standard, since the wheel lug pattern is 4 1/4" circle on a 5 lug pattern.  

When did Chevrolet start with 6-lug hubs and wheels? I thought they were used through most of the '30's and '40's. Maybe just the light duty trucks?

In response to Crusty Tucker's post, i'm not sure when Chevy began 6 lug hubs, but I believe the Master Series in 1934-1936 years had 6 lug wheels  

In response to sagefinds, post, the bolts that hold the wheel have been brazed to hold them in place as they were originally pressed in which often loosened with use/vibration..  In closely checking the bolts it appears they are exactly in their original positions - just brazed to better hold them in place.  Thanks for both your responses