1969-70 Buick Rivieras

Chickenjo

Can't get power to the fuel pump on my 70 Riviera. I know pump works and in the 1970 Assembly manual it says if you crank and the oil light doesn't go out, check in-line 4amp fuse in blue wire above the master cylinder. This cuts power to fuel pump if it's short circuited. I've looked and looked and there is no in line fuse there. The 69 model diagram on the assembly manual shows the in line fuse. My 70 manual does not but it tells me that it does. I'm at my wits end with this. Any advice would be appreciated. 

5 hours ago, Chickenjo said:

Can't get power to the fuel pump on my 70 Riviera. I know pump works and in the 1970 Assembly manual it says if you crank and the oil light doesn't go out, check in-line 4amp fuse in blue wire above the master cylinder. This cuts power to fuel pump if it's short circuited. I've looked and looked and there is no in line fuse there. The 69 model diagram on the assembly manual shows the in line fuse. My 70 manual does not but it tells me that it does. I'm at my wits end with this. Any advice would be appreciated. 

Are you sure that you have an electric fuel pump on you 1970 Riviera?  Unless it has been modified, it should have a mechanical fuel pump on the engine which if I remember is probably on the right/passenger side of the engine in front.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)