WTB: 1938 OLDS F-38 6-CYL PISTONS

Good Afternoon,

I'm in the middle of an engine rebuild for a '38 Olds 6-cyl (F38).  We are in search of 3-7/16 + .030 pistons to complete the job.

If anyone has any leads it would be greatly appreciated...or any info on compatible parts that I can search for.

Thanks everyone!

I bought a '40 Olds a while back which came with a 230 cu in spare engine that had a damaged block.  I stripped everything out and scrapped the block so I have a set of pistons but they aren't stamped .030 so they're probably standard.  The only markings are VS  and D.  These are available if they're of any use to you.

Peter

IMG_9696.JPG

Edited by PFindlay (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Send an original piston to Ross racing pistons and they will make you a set of forged aluminum ones. That’s what I did for my 32 olds and they were works of art. Not that expensive either. $830 for 6 with rings, wrist pins, and shipping. About half the cost that Egge wanted for the cast aluminum pistons they offered. Quick turn around too. Don’t know how different your 38 pistons are to the 32 so they might even be able to use mine as a pattern. They keep all custom pistons they make in their computer system. Ross is a top notch company. I highly recommend them.