Any ideas on this right hand drive touring car

Canadian PB Kid

@Canadian PB Kid that's a 1919-1920 Pierce-Arrow Series 51 (48 taxable hp, 525 cid) from lack of cast-in cowl lights (1919-20).  That specific car belongs to my friend Ralph of the Toronto area and is a 1920, identified as Ralph's by the unique "hat box" accessory "trunk" within the spare tires.

@keiser31 as the caption on the photo indicates, it's a 1919 (1920 is identical) Series 31 (38 taxable hp, 415 cid).  Note that the top of the radiator shell (not including the neck) is at about the same height as the tops of the headlights, whereas the 51s radiators' are taller than the headlights.

@trimacar David, I'll have to disagree with you for the first time ever:  Pierce went to LHD for the 1921 models (Series 32).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, edinmass said:

George.......I know Ralph sold one Pierce, and possibly the second............about six months ago.

I just checked the online roster:  Ralph still has this car but sold the 1918 48-B-5 Don Lee 4-p roadster in January to another Ontario gent.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Grimy said:

David, I'll have to disagree with you for the first time ever:  Pierce went to LHD for the 1921 models (Series 32).

Rats, I missed it...thanks for correction...if I'd just said "up to" I'd have been batting a thousand....I'll go sit in my corner for a while, or better yet, go sit in my Pierce!!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Grimy said:

@Canadian PB Kid that's a 1919-1920 Pierce-Arrow Series 51 (48 taxable hp, 525 cid) from lack of cast-in cowl lights (1919-20).  That specific car belongs to my friend Ralph of the Toronto area and is a 1920, identified as Ralph's by the unique "hat box" accessory "trunk" within the spare tires.

@keiser31 as the caption on the photo indicates, it's a 1919 (1920 is identical) Series 31 (38 taxable hp, 415 cid).  Note that the top of the radiator shell (not including the neck) is at about the same height as the tops of the headlights, whereas the 51s radiators' are taller than the headlights.

@trimacar David, I'll have to disagree with you for the first time ever:  Pierce went to LHD for the 1921 models (Series 32).

Small world... but not too surprising considering the status of the car.....I often wondered what the idea was of what I thought was a cover in the spare wheels, Thanks for the info, 

Dave

STAY SAFE!