Score of the year

I'm not sure if it's a sickness or diligence but I finally located one of the original handles for my truck. As a purist, some of you guys can relate while some of you truck guys know I've been looking years for this handle. I thought I'd post it for encouragement to others that anything is possible. I still need a few other rare parts, but this has given me some getty up in my step when looking for other original parts that still remain on my list.

My build card says the door key was stamped DB637. Thanks to Bob S in Fremont/Pebble Beach I now have the original locking handle for the passenger side (the other two are blanks of the same style - also thanks to Rich thehandleman). I've also located a correct ignition key (IM241) however finding the original key coil stamped with IM241 will be impossible I'm sure, but I'm just happy to have an original time period correct set of keys and the door handle now.

Not sure what the odds were of finding it but I'm thinking of buying a lotto ticket this week. 

Sometimes it's those small victories that bring great joy.

image.png.2900f7f7a6be61224ed95cdb0e1ed9ab.pngimage.png.d49d5dd6eaa79f92c3d1ff6bb38f9a26.png

Build card 2 (2).jpg

• Like 4