1938 Ford Pickup--colors?

Littlestown Mike

Is there a definitive list of what was painted body color and what was painted black?  I believe the bodies were painted with the doors on, so all Sheetmetal for the cab should have been body color.  The painted body, after final polishing would be dropped onto the frame, so my "guess" is that floors would have been added after that--so they are probably black.  How about the steering column and its dash support?  Handbrake would have been added after painting, so that is black as well?

These are just my "assumptions"  Is there a well-accepted list?

Oh, what about fender braces?  Body color or fender color or black?

What about the trim for the windshield and back glass?

Thanks,

I am not sure what the Early Ford V-8 club publishes, but in many other clubs there is a judging manual that outlines exactly what the agreed upon standards are for the finishing of most every part. 

Whether you are after points or not, they tell you what has been concluded by the marque experts to be "correct". 

21 hours ago, m-mman said:

I am not sure what the Early Ford V-8 club publishes, but in many other clubs there is a judging manual that outlines exactly what the agreed upon standards are for the finishing of most every part. 

Whether you are after points or not, they tell you what has been concluded by the marque experts to be "correct". 

I saw the Early V8 publications at the AACA Library, but they were for passenger cars--as far as i could tell; not commercial models, so i am not sure how "correct" it would be to infer much from them.

Not going to ever be a :judged" vehicle, but I still want to be as authentic as I can be.

As for the fender braces---my assumption is that there would have been added to the frame after the inner fenders were installed but before the fenders and running boards.  Following that logic (?), I believe they would have been painted gloss black.

Has anyone seen original fender braces painted any other color?  ( Of course, if the original body color was also black, how would you know?)