Shipping Costs These Days?

DrumBob

11 hours ago, dship said:

I have quite a few paternal relatives (Shipman/Shagley) in Redcloud, NB... it's in southeast NB right over the KS border.

Why it's closer then I thought. Make sure your packed with plenty of $$$ when you tour off the beaten path. 😬 😵 😉

18 hours ago, Bills Auto Works said:

Gentlemen,

Here are TWO paragraphs from my most recent ad in the Transport Section that was posted days before this thread was started & I have had a paragraph or 2 on this subject for months if not years in my ads on multiple forums :

....................... "Along with pretty much everything else over the past year, the price of diesel fuel has skyrocketed, so I have had to raise my per mile rate to reflect a portion of that increase. This is one of the very few times that being booked so far in advance at all times is an issue. I believe when a customer locks a spot on my schedule at a certain price, I hold that price regardless, so the gentlemen who are on my schedule for April are still paying the lower price.....It is called "Business Integrity"!

As always I am available to quote cash on delivery prices, give advice concerning transporting, recommend who else to use or who to stay FAR away from! I will NEVER call you names, tell you to "get it yourself" or act like you are bothering me by asking! I have a small group of Quality, Honest Transporters who are life long car guys as well that I trust 100% with my customer overflow & will be glad to pass along their information to you! "....................

To each his own, but I have ALWAYS tried my best to treat every person who inquires about my service with respect & make them feel that their needs are important to me & my business. If after the person who inquired hangs up, they feel like I talked to them like we were already friends or that I went the extra distance to help them with their concerns, then I have done what I feel is right. I also EXPECT the 5 other quality honest transporters that I send my overflow to have the same general philosophy & if at anytime one of the customers I send to them let me know they had an issue with one of them....Heads will roll, because it is my reputation that is on the line! 

I honestly don't need more business as I get 6-10 inquiries per day & cannot transport 10% of the inquiries I get or transport 25% of all the ones who are ready to book my service. I gladly pass along  contact information for the other transporters that I trust to the folks I cannot get on my schedule. God has blessed me with a  highly successful 40 year business in this great hobby & this is a small way I can give back to it!

EVERYONE is welcome to call/ email/ message me ANYTIME for an idea of what it would cost to have their vehicle transported regardless of whether or not they have already purchased it.  It would not be prudent to purchase something before you have at least a general idea of what it is going to cost to get it home! Even during these screwed up times my quotes are guaranteed for a minimum of 30 days!!!!!

*** I have gone to great lengths to craft this post so as not to create drama on the forum, so if that one person takes offense about how I run my business or how I treat folks, compelling him to bash my business on a public forum, it will be born out of an insane jealousy of my rapport with the folks in this hobby & my success. I would hope the Mods would take note of this & "correct" the problem permanently this time instead of temporarily.

God Bless

Bill Squires (owner)

Bill's Auto Works

(216)832-8697 No texts

billsautoworks1@aol.com

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/nationwide-single-car-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

I have used Bill's Auto Works myself (he transported my '37 Cadillac 70 series) and what he says in this post turned our to be 100% true. Next time I have a big move of one of my cars, Bill will be my first, and only, call.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I am waiting for the certified check to arrive in the next day or so for the sale of my 1912 Model 34 Buick (Model T Size Roadster).  I agreed to discount the price by half of the transport cost from Washington to Connecticut.  The buyer informed me that the highly recommended commercial transporter cost is currently $3200 which seems a bit high even with today's high fuel prices.  Since I am paying half, I will ask for a copy of the transport receipt.  

Edited by Mark Shaw (see edit history)

I wrote the code for my website 

in 2006 when it launched.

It has been in continuous 

operation since then.

For the first two years 
I exclusively transported 

Vintage Trailers … 

965F76C0-CE10-4C93-A21E-6EE2CDBCB318.jpeg.cdaf618ec92958ee9589639810027dd4.jpeg

AACA Dues Paying Member

Forum Member Since 2008

Jim

Edited by Trulyvintage (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2006 - 2022 is 17 years 

2008 - 2022 is 15 years. 
Attention to details is important in all we do. 
When counting years you include the starting and ending year. But at our ages who really cares, right?  We all agree it’s been a long time hauling cars and you know what you are doing. The best part is you have a great reputation in a sometimes shady industry of middlemen. 
dave s 

Edited by SC38dls (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Trulyvintage said:

I wrote the code for my website 

in 2006 when it launched.

It has been in continuous 

operation since then.

For the first two years 
I exclusively transported 

Vintage Trailers … 

965F76C0-CE10-4C93-A21E-6EE2CDBCB318.jpeg.cdaf618ec92958ee9589639810027dd4.jpeg

AACA Dues Paying Member

Forum Member Since 2008

Jim

Some of these vintage trailers are worth some serious money these days. You must have had a time loading some of them being they don't run. Smart putting them on a transport trailer as you never know how old and rotten the tires are, or how good the grease is in the hubs. Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, SC38dls said:

2006 - 2022 is 17 years 

2008 - 2022 is 15 years. 
When counting years you include the starting and ending year. But at our ages who really cares, right?  We all agree it’s been a long time hauling cars and you know what you are doing. The best part is you have a great reputation in a sometimes shady industry of middlemen. 
dave s 

Thank You 👋

I just unloaded this

1956 VW Oval Window Bug

in a parking lot in Naples, Florida.

Waiting on the new owner to 

meet me here - he is excited

to pick this Beauty up … 😊

35526F22-0031-40B2-A327-438858CB2469.jpeg.12d67d4c6e5048cfedce188bd18e6637.jpeg

This vehicle transport set a

new single vehicle transport 

mileage record for me …

5700 total miles driven starting

in Phoenix, Arizona up to Seattle, WA

to pick up and then cross country

to Ohio and down to Florida.

0EE9890D-D1D5-450F-9AC5-C36ECCCF47FF.jpeg.265e34a92e7a010238159f41961ec58d.jpeg

Stops along the way were to pick up

and drop off two other vehicles

and visit friends … 👍

D74DE93A-5790-4BD3-BF3D-095F2C00BD35.jpeg.506a39fd15f3f9cf55b358e9c2e1e9eb.jpeg

Then …

My friend Robert is driving up

from Miami to meet me.

I am taking him and my friend

Luc here in Naples to lunch.

Luc is building

“ The Million Wheels Museum “

here in Naples - tentatively scheduled

to open in 2023 … 😎

Jim

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Dandy Dave said:

Some of these vintage trailers are worth some serious money these days. You must have had a time loading some of them being they don't run. Smart putting them on a transport trailer as you never know how old and rotten the tires are. Dandy Dave!

Back in the early 2000’s - vintage trailers

commanded a pretty penny - we had a 

collection of early obscure examples.

I custom built a 40 foot open trailer

and developed a system to load 

and secure for transport and unload 

our growing collection and then started 

offering the service to other folks.

I personally transported over 

70 vintage trailers and a few

vintage motorhomes.

The Westcraft Trolley Top Trailer 

shown below was rare but our 
1925 Chevrolet House Car 

shown below was the most

historically and financially valuable 

piece of our Collection.

B3505032-CAC3-453F-9D0C-B4778967B553.jpeg.e7d89f00aa134dbbf071ba3060e90232.jpeg

Jim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SC38dls said:

2006 - 2022 is 17 years 

2008 - 2022 is 15 years. 
When counting years you include the starting and ending year...

Are you sure on that Dave?

Given that "attention to detail is important in all we do", we need to give some of that attention to the time of year a given period of time starts: Jan 01/2021 to Jan 01/2022 is one year not two. Dec 2020 to Jan 2022 is about +/- 13 months, not three years. Jan 01/06 to Apr 05/22 is 16 years, 4 months and change.

• Like 1