Lead. Four Packard Twelves. L.A.

1935 Packard 12 convertible sedan. 

1936 Packard 12 all weather cabriolet by LeBaron

1937 Packard 12 all weather cabriolet by LeBaron

1938 Packard 12 club sedan.

These cars are taken apart, and seller would like to get rid of all in one lot, but would certainly entertain offers on individual cars. Some extra parts also available, possibly two extra 12 blocks.

Not for the faint of heart.

1 hour ago, West Peterson said:

Seller is really wanting this stuff gone.

I only look at the "Not Mine" cars for sale, probably like other people here.   I only spotted this post when you bumped it up today and it then showed up for just a moment on the main list of forums.  I would add a link to this ad on the "Not Mine" forum as I think it will get a better chance of spreading the word to people who might call a friend that may be able to deal with basket case Classics, but never looked at the Packard Section?

40 minutes ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

Sorta reminds one of the phrase ' eyes were bigger than your stomach', does it not?

It once was not uncommon for a younger or mid age guy to get one rough, but affordable CCCA Full Classic, then keep buying more rough cars that they found while they looked for rare missing parts.  However, old age cannot be defeated, and one day walking into the shop...you stare and say "what was I thinking" "I'll never do anything with these"  "I'm overwhelmed" (and depressed) then  "How can I possibly get rid of all of it to take a huge load off of my mind". then   "I wish I could find somebody to take it all in one fast sale"

One big change I've seen in 50 years, the much older guys always refused to ever sell their basket cars.  However in the last decade, with project basket cases being tougher to sell (because nobody is left that is willing to do a rough one at home), then many more people finally decide that they should sell, if they can. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, F&J said:

I only look at the "Not Mine" cars for sale, probably like other people here.   I only spotted this post when you bumped it up today and it then showed up for just a moment on the main list of forums.  I would add a link to this ad on the "Not Mine" forum as I think it will get a better chance of spreading the word to people who might call a friend that may be able to deal with basket case Classics, but never looked at the Packard Section?

It once was not uncommon for a younger or mid age guy to get one rough, but affordable CCCA Full Classic, then keep buying more rough cars that they found while they looked for rare missing parts.  However, old age cannot be defeated, and one day walking into the shop...you stare and say "what was I thinking" "I'll never do anything with these"  "I'm overwhelmed" (and depressed) then  "How can I possibly get rid of all of it to take a huge load off of my mind". then   "I wish I could find somebody to take it all in one fast sale"

One big change I've seen in 50 years, the much older guys always refused to ever sell their basket cars.  However in the last decade, with project basket cases being tougher to sell (because nobody is left that is willing to do a rough one at home), then many more people finally decide that they should sell, if they can. 

Frank,

I read the forum using the "unread content" in the upper right corner of the screen.   It shows you all new posts across the forum in the reverse order they were posted.

I pay no attention to the various forums and sub forums.  Unless I am posting a new thread.

A.J.

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

Frank,

I read the forum using the "unread content" in the upper left corner of the screen.   It shows you all new posts across the forum in the reverse order they were posted.

I pay no attention to the various forums and sub forums.  Unless I am posting a new thread.

A.J.

I use this feature as well,  but I have noticed for some reason,  it does miss some threads with recent posts or whole threads in general.  I have more than once found something , especially for sale, that was posted days ago,  but I had never seen,  even though it had several posts on it over , in some cases,  days.  Not sure why,  but would be nice to know I'm not missing any content. 

Not for the faint of heart...........Nope.....for the weak of mind!

A single car 1000 to 2500 miles away is a transportation issue but this is a massive logistics and storage issue which a only a short list of hobbyists or collectors would consider...and with a very short list of potential buyers who could actually come out ahead even if the sale price was generously low.  I’m betting that the entire lot will stay in the immediate area on the west coast or will be split up into individual cars / associated parts to actually make progress on a sale.  @edinmass made a comment in a post (I think on the 17 White) that being the first one to take a car apart is a huge advantage; just think how many more potential buyers this deal might have generated if the four cars were still together even as parts cars.  

The best part of this huge Packard V-12 hoard is..........It’s not Pierce Arrow, otherwise I would already be in a truck on my way to purchase it all..........there are probably only two or three people capable of dealing with it all without tossing 70 percent of it in the trash. Let’s hope it goes to the right home.........someone who will,try and restore a car or two, or part everything out to keep another fifty cars on the road. 

• Like 2

Pictures 12 and 13 clearly show that the Cabriolet is a 1937.  The chrome fender spare (sidemount) support bars is a confirmation.

I would really like to see the data plate on that car.

What a shame people do to multiple cars when dealing with just one major project is daunting and costly enough itself.   Proper restoration of all four would consume between $2M-$3M...can't imagine anyone stepping forward?

12 hours ago, 37PackardMan said:

Pictures 12 and 13 clearly show that the Cabriolet is a 1937.  The chrome fender spare (sidemount) support bars is a confirmation.

I would really like to see the data plate on that car.

Good eyes. I should have caught that. 

What I was told: The owner has had a bad stroke. Son is selling. The 1936 All-Weather cabriolet was purchased as a complete car. It is the one that was being restored. Engine done, but not completely put together (heads still off). The other three cars were apparently purchased in "already torn apart" condition. Perhaps as parts cars??? 

Individual prices on the cars:

1935 convertible sedan - $39k

1936 all weather cab $59k

1937 all weather cab -$35k
1938 club sedan- $8500

Extra parts shelves are separate.