Gen 1 Brake Reaction Rod Bushing

Ckerch

Replacing all my front suspension parts on my 64 and got to the Brake Reaction Rod when I ran into trouble.

I ordered the bushings from Old Buick Parts and they don't look very different to the originals. In the attached picture, new parts are on the left. Also from their website, the installation instructions show the Brake Reaction Rod bushings frame attachment bracket is flared. Mine does not have the flare and is flat.

Are there two types of bushings for Gen 1 ?

Old Buick brake reaction rod bushing diagram.jpg

brake reaction rod bushing.jpg

2 hours ago, Ckerch said:

Replacing all my front suspension parts on my 64 and got to the Brake Reaction Rod when I ran into trouble.

I ordered the bushings from Old Buick Parts and they don't look very different to the originals. In the attached picture, new parts are on the left. Also from their website, the installation instructions show the Brake Reaction Rod bushings frame attachment bracket is flared. Mine does not have the flare and is flat.

Are there two types of bushings for Gen 1 ?

Old Buick brake reaction rod bushing diagram.jpg

brake reaction rod bushing.jpg

Go to Tom Telesco (telriv) for reaction rod bushings. That is where I got mine.

Bill

No.

Other than these bushings the ONLY other Poly is the front shock mounting bushings. ALL the other bushings are stock rubber. Using Poly bushings for the lower control arms would make for a rougher ride.

I also have the Poly rear Panhard Rod/Track bar bushings in Poly along with instructions on how to remove & replace. 

Will make a HUGE improvement the way the car tracks & steers.

Along with the corrected/improved alignment specs.

$50.00 also + shipping.

Tom T.

Edited by telriv (see edit history)
  • Like 1