For Sale: 1949 Plymouth Special DeLuxe P17 Business Coupe - Project - $7,000 - Rio Linda, CA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1949 Plymouth Special Deluxe P17 Business Coupe - Project - $7,000 - Rio Linda, CA

1949 Plymouth P18 Business Coupe Special DeLuxe Project - cars &... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

Cool classic Plymouth project! Flathead 6 with 6v positive ground system. Been sitting since 81. Needs radiator, needs carb rebuilt, need some electrical work. Has factory Interior. Has the original front clip with original paint that goes with it (has some damage to that)? Out of the system, no back fees. If ad is up, it's available. Great project! odometer: 50000

Copy and paste in your email: 29f75decc58031929fe2bd2c16c94651@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1949 Plymouth Special Deluxe P17 Business Coupe - Project.

'49 Plymouth P17 Business Coupe CA a.jpg

'49 Plymouth P17 Business Coupe CA b.jpg

'49 Plymouth P17 Business Coupe CA c.jpg

'49 Plymouth P17 Business Coupe CA d.jpg

'49 Plymouth P17 Business Coupe CA e.jpg

'49 Plymouth P17 Business Coupe CA f.jpg

'49 Plymouth P17 Business Coupe CA g.jpg

'49 Plymouth P17 Business Coupe CA h.jpg

'49 Plymouth P17 Business Coupe CA i.jpg

Going back in time to about 1981, a friend of mine had an identical 49 Plymouth business coupe, dark green, in the exact same (rough) condition as this one. His ran & drove OK and he overhauled the brakes so we could drive it around in a field. He had big plans for the car, like a total restoration but that's about all he ever did to it. After a couple of years he decided it would take too much time and cost far more to restore than it was worth at the time. He scrapped it and never looked back. So now here we are 40 years later, imagine what it would cost today to restore this Great Cool Classic Plymouth project. I would have to pass even if the price was $1000. I doubt anyone will ever buy this car and even try to completely restore it, street rod it, or in any way finish something like this all the way to completion. 

• Like 2

Agreed. WAAAAAYYYY over priced

Also, it is not a Special Deluxe (even though the front fenders have the script on them - they are from a different car according to the seller). It is a Deluxe - you can tell by no stainless around the front windshield and no horn ring.