1932 Chevrolet Confederate 142 Roadster for sale in Canada

1 hour ago, auburnseeker said:

Just checked to avoid others the click,  It's $44,995.  As mentioned no mention of Canadian or US dollars.  

Which would be 36k American.   Still high for a car with so many needs,   although desirable.   Somebody smarter than me can explain the value curve between 32 Chevy and 32 Ford.   1/3 as much?

• Like 1

The disparity in Ford vs. others is an interesting topic. Chevy out sold Ford in a number of years, and if you compare the two on any given year you ca certainly see Chevy's appeal. Ford's have a much higher survival rate, which I suppose is due to wood in the Chevy bodies (?). The value today of 32 Ford vs. Chevy is probably very similar (although reversed) to that for 1957. 

Hot rodders loved the 32 Ford.  Probably because of the easy V8 swaps with later years and great styling. The lack of wood probably helps as well since it creates a stronger body.  I would almost bet if hot rodders didn't like the style (now a fixture in Americana) then they wouldn't be nearly as valuable.  The restorer guys have to battle against the hot rodders which creates a bidding war.   A 32 Chevy is much rarer.  It should be more desirable less product greater value,  but it's just not the case. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kar3516 said:

Looks like it is sitting in front of the beautiful 1935 Oldsmobile convertible in this thread...

Yes it is as far as I can tell. I do not know the owner or seller but I can do some calls or research if someone is a serious buyer. I'ts about a 2 hour drive for me.

11 hours ago, alsancle said:

Somebody smarter than me can explain the value curve between 32 Chevy and 32 Ford.

I can't explain that, but your comment reminds me of my late father telling me about '32 Chevies many years ago when I was a kid. He was born in 1920, so he was 12 years old when they were new. He wasn't a car guy at all, but he remembered that the Chevy was more appealing to a lot of people back in '32 than the Ford. This was because of the plated hood louvers, and some people didn't like that the Ford no longer had a plated radiator shell. I remember being surprised when he told me this because the '32 Ford was so iconic, but I know for a fact that Chevy was making major inroads in Ford's market share around that time.

• Like 2