SOLD: "The Locomobile Book, The Car of 1912" Original Hardbound 209 Page Book

motoringicons

SOLD

Here is a great piece of original literature. "The Locomobile Book" is dated 1912 and contains over 200 pages with very detailed information about the four and six cylinder models. There are multiple detailed plates showing all the models and body styles including commercial, plus numerous detailed drawings of virtually every mechanical part of the car. This hardbound book is in great original condition and has the stamping from the issuing dealer W.J. Boschken of San Jose, California. It measures 8" by 6" by 1".

The price is 135.00 including shipping within the USA.

Email directly at: motoringicons@hotmail.com or call 734-730-4274. Thanks. 

lb1.jpg

lb2.jpg

lb3.jpg

lb4.jpg

lb5.jpg

lb6.jpg

Edited by motoringicons (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• motoringicons changed the title to SOLD: "The Locomobile Book, The Car of 1912" Original Hardbound 209 Page Book
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/22/2022 at 7:10 PM, alsfarms said:

These early Locomobile Books are good reference material. Every Locomobile enthusiast should have one of these.

Al

That being said I have a nice copy of this book for the 1911 Locomobile model automobiles.  $125.00 shipping included within the USA. Private message me. 

Howard Dennis

100_6132 (2).JPG

100_6138 (2).JPG

100_6140 (2).JPG

100_6142 (2).JPG

100_6143 (2).JPG

100_6145 (2).JPG

100_6148 (2).JPG

100_6150 (2).JPG

100_6153 (2).JPG

Picture72899-1.jpg

I bought the next year's edition called "The car of 1912" some time ago, which is a bit different in details, has some more chapters (for example rebuilt Locomobiles) and refers to Ms. Fisher's world tour in 1909-1910 many times.

Besides the great information about the Locomobile company and car details, I was curious to learn more about that world tour, and bought a re-print of her book "A womans world tour in a motor" by Harriet White Fisher. Great reading, but poor quality photo reprints. Looks like scanned with low resolution. Later I found an original one on ebay, printed 1911 in Philadelphia, and believe it or not: it came from India! With some pencil notes in the paragraphs when Ms. Fisher was visiting the famous indian scenic attractions. The 70 illustrations are of high quality. One page has been cleanly cut which is supposed to show a famous temple. I wish the book could tell its story...

Edited by Ittenbacher Frank (see edit history)