My Newest Save

MarkV

The tail lights were nicknamed "Sparrow Strainers" by none other than Uncle Tom McCahill. The greatest automotive writer to me. He was Imperial's biggest fan in the late 50's early 60's.

I've owned 3 Imperial's and many C body Chrysler's but never one of these. Maybe someday, if I retro-trade in my FS Imperial.........

9 minutes ago, Ed Luddy said:

The tail lights were nicknamed "Sparrow Strainers" by none other than Uncle Tom McCahill. The greatest automotive writer to me. He was Imperial's biggest fan in the late 50's early 60's.

I've owned 3 Imperial's and many C body Chrysler's but never one of these. Maybe someday, if I retro-trade in my FS Imperial.........

ive got an FS too! 

I also have a plain 82 I’m selling to make room for this 62 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MarkV said:

From the Beverly Hillbillies both in episode one and two Mr Drysdale extensively uses his Imperial. Considering mine has been in LA all of its life, I wonder if it’s the same one? 

Watch the re-runs!  See if Drysdale's Imperial also had power vent windows and door locks as yours does!

Craig

2 hours ago, 8E45E said:

Watch the re-runs!  See if Drysdale's Imperial also had power vent windows and door locks as yours does!

Craig

All Lebarons had those. 

probably if I can see if it had the rear ac and the eye feature 

Well, if it IS, there's only one suitable personalized plate for it.

"MILBURN"

An Olds Club friend in NC briefly owned a 63, and while he had it, it wore "MILBURN" proudly on its hind parts. Alas, a 1967 Ninety Eight came into the picture and Milburn moved on. He said he messed up because amazingly everything on the Imperial worked, and the Olds had Comfortron A/C, power vents and vacuum door locks- none of which ever worked.

And do you know that even in 90s, some people didn't get the Beverly Hillbillies reference?!🤨

It’s alive it’s alive! Friday was the day and the Imperial was started and it runs well! Transmission shifts. Brakes are out and power stuff (most of the fuses are gone and there is a single small cable fused in to power everything which will be replaced.) 

it starts on the first turn even after sitting the whole weekend! 

D8F9524E-A19A-4F9B-BADA-30C1C3E46BEA.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, 3macboys said:

Great picture! Is it 2022 or 1962?

Thanks! I took it out my car window from a pretty good distance away as I forgot to take one when I was in there! The engine sounds great I’ll have to get a video. 

This car looks like a great candidate for re -freshing  and preservation. It looks to be  complete. It has so many design features that set it apart from other American production cars of it's time. The non integrated tail lamp pods and especially the free standing headlamps. I agree that these cars are more appreciated now, than they ever have been, even when new. I remember how Chrysler touted the quality of these models, stating that they had more hand finishing than their competition. Good luck with your project, I'll enjoy following your progress.

On 3/21/2022 at 11:50 PM, MarkV said:

I was thumbing through Facebook marketplace

No, the statement is:

"I's thumbin' through the want ads in the Shelby County Tribune when this classified advertisement caught my eye

😆🤣😂