No Reserve: 1972 Ford Mustang 351 CJ 4-Speed Firestone Test Car #1 of 2

They are selling both of them in separate auctions.  This is pretty cool.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-ford-mustang-22/

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-ford-mustang-23/

This 1972 Ford Mustang hardtop is one of two identically equipped and sequentially numbered examples specially ordered for use as high-speed test cars for the Firestone Tire and Rubber Company at its testing center in Fort Stockton, Texas. The car is finished in white over green vinyl upholstery and is powered by a numbers-matching 351ci Cobra Jet V8 paired with a four-speed manual transmission. Equipment includes twin hood scoops, color-matched racing mirrors, the Competition Suspension package, the Instrumentation Group, a push-button AM radio, and Magnum 500 15″ wheels. This car and its twin were delivered new to Dudley Motors of Sanderson, Texas and are said to have been kept together in a private collection after being decommissioned by Firestone prior to the seller’s acquisition in September 2021. This Q-code Mustang is now offered at no reserve—concurrent with its matching counterpart—with an owner’s manual, a copy of its shipping invoice, a Deluxe Marti report, a Mustang & Fords magazine that features the cars, and a clean Maryland title in the seller’s name.

No Reserve: 1972 Ford Mustang 351 CJ 4-Speed Firestone Test Car #1 of 2

• Like 3

I know the previous owner of this pair of cars very well. He is somewhat of a neighbor. At first I thought it was he that had them listed on BAT but it says they were acquired in 2021. The guy I know had owned them for at least the last 10 years or so. They are still located in my county though, a couple of towns down the road.

• Like 1