Enclosed Transportation needed from ID to FL

I made the mistake of contracting with a broker, thinking it was a family owned company as they indicated.  The date they said they would transport has passed and they still don't have the carrier.  They've had all month to get this nailed down and said no problem with getting it by the end of the month and they would have someone within 10 days, which has passed. I didn't know anything about transporting a car.  Now they are trying bait and switch asking if I'd do an open carrier and  I said absolutely not!  Then they want to re-negotiate the price. Isn't bait and switch agaisnt the law? I am desperate to find a quality transportation company that is reasonable and good.  the sellers move at the end of the month and I must have it picked up by then.  Please let me know if anyone has any ideas to ship a 1980 Shay from ID to East Central FL.  Thanks.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2022 at 5:59 PM, Ms. Daisy said:

I made the mistake of contracting with a broker, thinking it was a family owned company as they indicated.  The date they said they would transport has passed and they still don't have the carrier.  They've had all month to get this nailed down and said no problem with getting it by the end of the month and they would have someone within 10 days, which has passed. I didn't know anything about transporting a car.  Now they are trying bait and switch asking if I'd do an open carrier and  I said absolutely not!  Then they want to re-negotiate the price. Isn't bait and switch agaisnt the law? I am desperate to find a quality transportation company that is reasonable and good.  the sellers move at the end of the month and I must have it picked up by then.  Please let me know if anyone has any ideas to ship a 1980 Shay from ID to East Central FL.  Thanks.

I believe you called me about hauling

this  this awhile back.

I told you I was not interested.

I advised you not to buy the vehicle - which - if I remember correctly - was a Shay Reproduction Model A.

I advised you to look for something closer and wait until Spring arrived to arrange for transport because the distance from Idaho to Florida combined with the time of year ( Winter ) would make transport cost prohibitive.

You should never purchase a vehicle

that you cannot transport yourself either

by driving it or trailering it.

I am a dues paying AACA Member.

I have been in business since 2006.

I have been here on this forum since 2008.

I would not have scheduled transport

along that route in the Winter because of 

driving conditions.

Winter just ended March 20th.

I left Seattle, Washington yesterday

and ran into snow in the mountain passes

yesterday and today. 

Jim

• Haha 1

Right now summer winter swaps up and down the east coast are booking out to June........getting a car from Idaho to Florida will almost be impossible at ANY price. I ship dozens of cars a year, with a top three enclosed carrier.......and I book my spots six months out when possible........getting any car out of Idaho at any time of the year is a crap shoot at best.........

When shipping out of such far flung locations, I use a single car hauler and pay them the empty miles to pick it up..........and now with five dollar fuel, empty miles are very expensive.

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...