1940 Nash Ambassador - $5,000 (Molalla OR) not mine

1940 Nash Ambassador - $5,000 (Molalla)

https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/d/mulino-1940-nash-ambassador/7459148892.html#

1940 Nash ambassador straight six cylinder runs good three speed on the column needs shift linkage fixed car is in very nice shape Has suicide rear doors neat old classic or hot rod $5000 obo call jim 503 780 9790 or Vicki 503 706 8943

00D0D_dPSPSIBdYiCz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg00Y0Y_6lZ7j9657JNz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg00T0T_1CI1OAHKL33z_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

I like the Nash nose this year. Would like to find one of these in a Convertible or atleast a coupe.  Much cheaper than a Ford the same year as well. 

A coupe maybe, but pre-war Nash convertibles are virtually do-do birds, not that there were every many to start with.  Nash buyers were extremely conservative, not convertible buyers in general.   The styling for these 1939-40''s onward Nashes were contracted to George Walker's Industrial Design firm.   

I had seen one convertible,  once before in a collection of cars somewhere, I believe out west.  A bunch of partially restored cars ,  some projects and a few older restorations.   I think it was for sale as well.  Maybe 10 or more years ago.  I don't recall other specifics,  but think it was one of the older restoration or mostly original cars that needed work but it wasn't a disassembled hulk or a pile of rot.  I don't recall seeing one since,  but then again haven't looked hard either. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, f.f.jones said:

F Y I ----

HMN0120-CCP-01.jpg

Post Image

If I recall correctly, this 1940 Ambassador Eight convertible is in the Nicola Bulgari Collection in Allentown. PA.  Its identified as one of the 93 of that specific model built for 1940.

• Like 1