For Sale: 1962 AMC Rambler American 4dr Sedan - $9,500 - Rockford, MI - Not Mine

For Sale: 1962 AMC Rambler American 4dr Sedan - $9,500 - Rockford, MI

1962 AMC Rambler - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

This was a daily driver for my mother-in-law. No rust originally from Florida, the car comes with original bill of sale and original manual and two sets of keys. it’s in great shape in and out only has minor ware and tears and mostly original only thing added was a modern stereo system. Her boyfriend was a mechanic and kept the car in really decent shape, now he has passed away, so she wants this car to go to a good home. There are extra parts saved up in the trunk and original paint for touchups. I recently replaced the battery and distributor points, spark plugs, coolant (extra in the trunk), transmission fluid (two 5 qt jugs are in the trunk), oil filter and engine oil (extra in the trunk). She wanted everything done before it goes to the next owner. odometer: 85210

Copy and paste in your email: 6c9f54d84de6301e9630a35b944f7230@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1962 AMC Rambler American 4dr Sedan.

'62 Rambler Am MI a.jpg

'62 Rambler Am MI b.jpg

'62 Rambler Am MI c.jpg

'62 Rambler Am MI d.jpg

'62 Rambler Am MI e.jpg

'62 Rambler Am MI f.jpg

'62 Rambler Am MI g.jpg

'62 Rambler Am MI h.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ericmac said:

I do believe the red on the valve covers is correct. This is a neat car.

Yes red may be correct but not THAT red.

It is a nice car BUT for almost $10,000 you'd think they would take the time to at least vacuum the crud (wood chips?) out of the trunk.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Joe Cocuzza said:

Yes red may be correct but not THAT red.

It is a nice car BUT for almost $10,000 you'd think they would take the time to at least vacuum the crud (wood chips?) out of the trunk.

Indeed, I agree the price is optimistic and a bit of cleanup would help.

• Like 1

Humorous incident occurred during the develop of these restyled 1961-'63 Rambler Americans.  Dick Teague, who had been with Chrysler Styling after his stint at Packard ended, interviewed for a position with AMC.   Accompanying him was a skilled clay model sculptor of English heritage who was also seeking a similar position at AMC.  As they were touring the styling studio, they were shown the clay models for these upcoming Americans.   Out of the earshot of their AMC hosts, the clay modeler confided with Teague "My god, Dick, its looks like a ruddy ordinance vehicle!"   

• Haha 1