89 reatta newbie

NC-car-guy

Matt, Don't know if you are aware but there are two web sites run by Ronnie of TN dedicated to the Reatta that you can sign up for: 

Buick Reatta Discussion Forum - Reatta Owners Journal Forums and the Reatta Owners Journal - The Buick Reatta Community.  EVERYTHING you'd ever want to know or find out about concerning Reattas is in these web sites....extremely useful and well worth checking into.  

Edited by dship (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NC-car-guy said:

New plugs, wires, and air filter today.

The brake fluid looks very dirty in your photo. One of the most important maintenance items you can do on your new-to-you Reatta is flush the brake fluid with new fluid. It should be done about every 2 years. Instructions are on my website. 

• Like 1

Matt great looking car that appears to have had a good life.   The interior would pass for a 50K car. 

I agree with the above recommendations ...... flush the brake fluid.   Several benefits,  removes moisture in fluid that

could rust and corrode brake parts.... that contamination can then damage seals and O rings.   Good advice for ANY 

vehicle with ABS brakes.  Just had it done on my GMC

If you frequent pick n pulls look for the Teves brake systems on other GM cars and pick up some spare parts. 

One of Murphys Laws = if you have the part on the shelf, you will never need it. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Barney Eaton said:

Matt great looking car that appears to have had a good life.   The interior would pass for a 50K car. 

I agree with the above recommendations ...... flush the brake fluid.   Several benefits,  removes moisture in fluid that

could rust and corrode brake parts.... that contamination can then damage seals and O rings.   Good advice for ANY 

If you frequent pick n pulls look for the Teves brake systems on other GM cars and pick up some spare parts. 

One of Murphys Laws = if you have the part on the shelf, you will never need it. 

Cleanest 150k miles car I've found.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Barney Eaton said:

One unpopular option is to swap to the same year Riviera brake system as a last resort.its the conventional system.as in everything up to 1988.i will when I have to.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NC-car-guy said:

That's kind of a back-handed compliment.

I agree, in fact I think it is just downright rude.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just change a letter in his last name and you have the gist of most of his comments about cars. He sometimes has informative comments and can be read if you take what he says as tongue in cheek but he never learned to not say anything at all when all he can say would be taken as rude.  Hmmmm, I think that made sense somewhere in that sentence.

• Like 1

Think you found a good one, price is immaterial at this point. BTW the Teves ABS is a simple one to work on if you have either the Factory Service Manual (section 5E) or the GM Teves paperback 55205.02-1. Flash codes will tell you just how it feels. (12 is good). Our vendors have about every thing you might need. Personally like 225x60x16s on 16x7 Factory rims.

• Thanks 1

On 3/28/2022 at 10:19 PM, Olyeg said:

She is looking fine again man. I will have to say that black Reatta looks very clean inside. I myself about to start cleaning my interior real soon too. You have any recommendations on what worked best for you to make it look new? 

I just used amour all cleaning wipes.

• 1 month later...
Just now, handmedownreatta said:

thats surprising since its basicly a riviera on the inside.i will say the sunroof is only about an and a half above my head.

Also tired of getting up off the ground. But head touches the headliner.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NC-car-guy said:

Also tired of getting up off the ground. But head touches the headliner.

My wife drives a Mercury Mountaineer. When she drives my KIA Optima she says its low and she feels like Fred Flintstone.  She can relate. 

• Haha 1