Puerto Rico meets next month - questions!

AnniesSS

Hey guys!
Joel and I are flying to PR for the double meet and will stay a few days after.  I have some questions, as neither of us have been there :)

1. The hotel doesn't offer a shuttle - should we take a taxi?  I found "Skip the Line" as a transportation alternative, has anyone used them? The price is right, but that also makes me nervous!  Tripadvisor | Skip the line! Aiport Shuttle provided by De Tour Con Ali | Puerto Rico, Caribbean

2. We are staying at the hotel and will fly out Wed 4/26 and want to do some site seeing... should we rent a car or is anyone else staying later that wants to share a taxi?

3. Should we bring cash or do most places accept CC ?

4. Once we get to the hotel, are there convenience stores around that we can pick up bottles of water/soda to have onhand?

I might have more questions, but this is to start. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Annie, just saw this.  I am not aware of the service but taxis are common.  Lots to see so if you are going to really spend time going to Old San Juan and other places a rental car might not be a bad idea.  Most places accept credit cards.  PR is naturally a part of the US.  Thee is a large drug store near the hotel that you can get stuff and other places too.