About This Vehicle

Driven 10,536 miles
Automatic transmission
Exterior color: Silver
Fuel type: Gasoline
2 owners
This vehicle is paid off

Seller's Description

1976 Buick Century Pace Car Tribute. Factory 350 motor with 4 barrell carb, 2 owners, same owner since 1991,new paint, decals, and tires. Totally rust free California car. Always shedded, runs and drives great. Call/text Cindy
Edited by B Jake Moran (see edit history)
  • Like 2

May be an image of car

I always liked these, from my growing up era.    I get it - these were not muscle cars, but they are iconic Buick collector cars that keep up with modern traffic, stand out in a crowd of me too Mustangs and Camaros (and likely go as fast as one from 1976) and if you can get this one for $14,000 or so, that's considered a "good buy".  Can't restore one for close to that - look at that interior and how much it would cost to do a "ragged out" one.   

• Like 1

just an observation here from a 75 Pace Car owner

the person selling the car has stated it is a "tribute" car so it is probably not a factory production

that being said it looks well done from the pics

i have never seen one with a vinyl top, not sure if i like it but interesting

the red interior looks correct but the seats were all vinyl not cloth insert the black interior S/R seats had cloth insert

the black on the tail should be matte not shinny as on the front which i cant tell, the wheels are correct

looks like a nice job but would need closer inspection

again he says a Tribute so hes being up front, could be a fun car

Marty

• Thanks 1

Hi Marty

Since you own one your comments are welcome. That is what the forum is about.  

I did contact the seller to get a phone number and I asked about the “tribute” vs original comment. I received a Facebook reply that is was an original car.  I have their phone number and plan on calling them.   Busy work schedule.  

It says new paint and decals. That would explain the incorrect gloss black tail section. My issue here is if it was done right - meaning a high quality paint and prep - that explains the $15,500 asking price as I imagine redoing the Silver paint and graphics correctly would be expensive.  

Still, it’s apparently from Wisconsin, has over 100,000 miles and the one photo of the engine bay looks a little tough so I will probably pass.   

Edited by B Jake Moran (see edit history)
  • Like 1

another thing on the "tribute" 

when i first purchased my car in 95 it has a small glove box size paperwork original piece from Buick

that states that the 75 is a Pace Car Replica. Which it is not being one of the two real pace cars, so the wording from 

the company's can be a little funny some times.

what was not funny was mentioning this to Condon and Skelly insurance when i had them and they think its a kit car.

more to explain and more pics to send, all over one word. humorous now not then lol

Marty

• B Jake Moran changed the title to 1976 Pace Car Replica $15,500 Not Mine - Marshall Wisconsin SOLD